Box talk

Options
13»

Replies

• Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! Hubby says go for it, so I will see you there, 7:00pm!

Have you been coming in to CFMC?
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey sbiscotti---I went once, right when I replied here I was going to go. Stacey was awesome and I felt like I learned a ton just from that one session. We worked on the snatch, back squat and split jerk. It breaks my heart that I don't have the cf community of a box, but with my kids and schedule I can't get out there regularly enough to make it worth the money. I HATE the 45 minute drive and it really stresses me out. So, we've worked pretty hard to try and turn our garage into a functioning gym. My husband and I WOD together and I work out with a trainer in town too. That's the best I got these days. You guys here and others through the internet will be my community I suppose! :)
  • cubancat17
    Options
    AthleteEgo CrossFit in North Miami, FL
  • jessie_rose24
    Options
    Hey there Sbiscotti! How cool you are there! Small world. I got hooked on Crossfit in Cleveland at Crossfit Cleveland, was all set to try out Coca Crossfit, then we moved. I would LOVE to try out your gym. I am interested in Stacy's class. I really love the Oly lifts!

I do have a Living Social Groupon thing for your box. I should just go already. Maybe tomorrow night at 7:00. I really wish I could make it out at 6:00am but we are too far.

I'll plan on seeing you there tomorrow night! Stacey's the best. He's helped my lifts so much, and he's the coach of the competition team. His O-lift classes were actually why I picked CFMC over the other boxes in Nashville.

So if I am reading this correctly, do you have a dedicated Oly coach at your facility? I wod at CF SolaFide in Clarksville but I am looking for some instruction on Oly lifts...can I get some more info from you?
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yup, he's a dedicated Olympic lifting coach. Stacey Greenway is his name. Not my box, but thought I could reply.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I belong to CrossFit Serious Fitness in Anniston, AL! Our box & owner rock!!!! Fantastic bunch of folks!!!:drinker:
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I belong to CrossFit Serious Fitness in Anniston, AL! Our box & owner rock!!!! Fantastic bunch of folks!!!:drinker:

Welcome aboard fellow Alabamian!
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Welcome aboard fellow Alabamian!

Thanks DJS! AL CF love!
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Crossfit Impulse (Madison/Huntsville, AL)

Somehow I missed this - I'm friends with Emily Leighton and Kristen Johnson over there. Have dropped by Kevin Lowe's gym for CF Impulse v. ADD Fit throwdowns when I'm driving between CF Tuscaloosa and CF Music City.

Say hey to them for me.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    Yup, he's a dedicated Olympic lifting coach. Stacey Greenway is his name. Not my box, but thought I could reply.

Yup! Stacey's been my coach since December. Love him! He's improved my snatch so much and a lot of my other lifts. He coaches specifically the Oly class MWF and is in charge of our Competition group and the On Ramp Beginners program.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Crossfit Burien (near Seattle) - just opened 3/1 :D
  • blakeman187
    Options
    Crossfit Sonoma County and Crossfit Petaluma, (Same owners) out here in California
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i'm at Crossfit Champions in Houston Texas