2nd time around... ok maybe 3rd

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
I've attempted this before and one time I even got to W7D1. At the time, when I read about people getting that close and not finishing, I would think, WHAT THE....?.. and, that's not going to happen to me!!! But it did. Honestly, I think the fear of succeeding got to me. I have a knack for sabataging myself. I am amazed at how this really is just as much mental as physical.

Have any of you tried this multiple times? If so, what were your reasons/excuses for not finishing? To all of you repeat offenders, what do you plan on doing different? what have you learned from past mistakes?

- This time I am doing all my workouts at the gym. I am not going to let the weather determine my workout days.... because I used to think, "maybe tomorrow will be a better day" (besides the weather's getting pretty cold).
- Also, I am sticking with Mon, Wed, and Fri run days. Those days are practically set in stone. If, by chance, I can't do it one day, I will do it the following day... even if I am running 2 days in a row.
- And no repeating weeks. I agree this it's a perfectly acceptable thing to do if you NEED to.... but I would have one bad run and think I needed to repeat the whole week. That just drags out the process for me and then I lose momentum, determination, and interest.
- Lastly, I WILL NOT LET NEGATIVE THOUGHTS GET IN THE WAY OF MY SUCCESS. When a negative thought pops up, I will acknowledge it and then LET IT GO! I will not let those thoughts fester and multiply. Side note: whenever I go to battle with myself, I always think of that scene in Liar, Liar when Jim Carrey's going nuts in the bathroom and that guy walks in and says, "what are you doing?" and he says "Kicking my *kitten*!!!" LOL Yep, that's what I'm going to do... I'm going to KICK MY *kitten*!!!!

Replies

• redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! This is my 3rd attempt at this but I was sidelined by a nasty injury. I am currently on W4D1 today and am a bit apprehensive! You can do this you are making all the right choices such as setting specific days to run. I have to do that or I will be all over the place. I run Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. If I don't manage anything else during the week I do make a point to run. Good luck and I'm sure you will finish this time!