Cutler's Injury

Options
I'm bummed about Cutler being out for what appears to be at least the rest of the regular season. I like Hanie and the schedule isn't too bad, but I'm concerned now that we'll make the playoffs. Plus for some reason I feel like Martz is going to sabotage Hanie....

The D and special teams better step it up!

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah It sucks that he got hurt. He was playing real good too. He was in an awesome streak there! The bears are real good with him................
    But we have the fortune that our next opponents QB's are:
    Tyler Palco
    Tim Tebow
    A rookie in Minnesota
    Tavaris Jackson in seattle

So Hanie wont be too outmatched!
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Chicago sports radio is talking about rumors that the Bears might go after Kyle Orton now that he was released by Denver.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I heard that also this morning on the news - I wouldn't mind having Orton back - I do want Hanie to have a chance though, he showed his mettle last year.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK Martz, please explain this play call: 2nd down and 1 on the opponent's 6 yard line, losing 9 to 7, with a new QB who has already thrown 2 interceptions, and you call a PASSING PLAY??? Which of course gets intercepted....

Why not try a couple runs at the endzone and then take the easy field goal for the lead? That was the turning point of the game for me. Have to give kudos to Lance Louis, though, for hustling his butt down the field for the touchdown-saving tackle.

Disappointing loss today : (
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Agreed They should have kept on running and also ate up that remaining minute. Then kicking a FG and then going to the half with a 1 point lead.