Christianity and “Biblical” Hatefulness

Options
2»

Replies

• Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Where I stand, the bible is a historical document. The words were written by human hands....and as we know, humanity is nowhere near perfect.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=qtc56meab&oeidk=a07e5cwwj990ae9597f

Their main website is http://www.lhohcf.ca/

They are located in Vancouver, BC Canada and the workshop is scheduled for Feb. 4, 2012 from 10am-4pm.

I'm attending with friends and former pastors of Living Water Fellowship of Kenmore, Washington, USA, Susan and Debbie George.
    Guest Speaker: S.S. Shaw of Shaw Ministries Dallas, TX

Have you been told homosexuality is a sin?
    Were you taught that the Bible condemns homosexuals?
    Have you heard there is no such thing as a gay Christian?
    Have you been told that being gay is an abomination and gay people will go to hell?

In this one day workshop, Shaw will share her own journey mixed with an infectious sense of humor and solid biblical knowlegde to dispell the myths & mistranslations that have kept so many separated from a relationship with God.
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Netflix has a great movie: "Fish Out of Water" (streaming)

"Spurred by director Ky ****ens's own coming-out story, this playfully animated documentary confronts the slippery topic of homosexuality head on, homing in on Bible verses oft-cited as condemnatory and opening them to fresh interpretation. A cartoon narrator guides a broad-minded exploration of the thorny issue as a range of individuals in red states and blue, from theologians to barbershop denizens, weigh in with their experiences and beliefs."

I highly recommend it.
  • tearose4
    tearose4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

"Spurred by director Ky ****ens's own coming-out story,

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that MFP edited the name D ! C K E N S.
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

"Spurred by director Ky ****ens's own coming-out story,

I don't know whether to laugh or cry that MFP edited the name D ! C K E N S.
    What in the world? sigh.