Introductions

Options
sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
I think most of us know each other, but, shall we introduce ourselves anyway?

I'm Savannah, 28, from WI. I workout 5-6 days a week (most of the time). I have been struggling a lot these last few months with my weight for some unknown reason. I need something new to motivate me and, most likely, kick my *kitten* after the Holiday Weight Gain! BOOOOO!

I've previous lost, and kept off, just shy of 50 lbs. I would REALLY like to lose about 45 - 50 more, but, I'm @ the point that it's about being healthy and simply not gaining it back since it doesn't seem to want to come off!

How about you?

Replies

• lijparsons
    Options
    I'm Lisa, from Ontario, Canada. I am a new runner, and have really grown to love it. Most of my exercise lately is cardio, and I do Yoga twice per week. For Cardio I either run or do my elliptical, but I need to get back to strength training. I have completed the 30 Day Shred as well as Ripped in 30, and love to hate Jillian. I am really looking forward to this new DVD, and know that she will give us the results that our hawt candy azzes need.

I have lost 46 lbs with MFP, plus 7 from before I started, so 52 lbs in total. I still have about 15-16 lbs to go to reach my goal of 125, and am getting impatient, to say the least. I hope this is what I need to kick-start a bigger loss.

I look forward to Shedding and Shredding with you ladies. At the very least we can ***** about ole Jilly and her bloody planks.

Let's do it Ladies! We are ROCKSTARS!

Lisa
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for allowing me to join you :) I'm Melissa. I'm 3 weeks into Ripped In 30, which has 4 levels altogether. Looking forward to participating in a new group - the motivation and accountability factors make such a difference!
  • sd101483
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for allowing me to join you :) I'm Melissa. I'm 3 weeks into Ripped In 30, which has 4 levels altogether. Looking forward to participating in a new group - the motivation and accountability factors make such a difference!

We are glad to have you! How do you like Ripped so far? I got great results with it - I really should do another round - maybe prime myself for this next one?!?!?! ! :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm Crystal, 30 from NC. I will probably be the group's resident deadbeat bum! I have several Jillian videos, but she KILLS my knees. She also drives me NUTS and has really gotten inside my head LOL. I renamed her Killian. I am gonna use this forum to push me to do Yoga Meltdown because it seems like the safest bet for me.

PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OUT IF I SUCK!!
  • sd101483
    Options
    I'm Crystal, 30 from NC. I will probably be the group's resident deadbeat bum! I have several Jillian videos, but she KILLS my knees. She also drives me NUTS and has really gotten inside my head LOL. I renamed her Killian. I am gonna use this forum to push me to do Yoga Meltdown because it seems like the safest bet for me.

PLEASE DON'T KICK ME OUT IF I SUCK!!

Girl, I would never kick you out for sucking! :) We'll ease your *kitten* into this one - I think Yoga Meltdown will be really great - once I get into a routine of it myself. The third time was the charm, I liked it! :)
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ashley! I really need a swift kick in my Hawt Candy Azz so I'm here for you ladies to kick it for me. Please, hold me accountable. I'm maintaining, but really need to tone my body up. Would love to pull out a bikini this summer and feel great about it after having 2 kids! I've done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 among lots of other DVD's, but need some motivation since I've been slack lately. I completed the C25K and ran a 5k in October, but haven't ran a whole lot since then. I have asthma that for some reason I can't get under control. I'm sick of going to the Doc and finding everything I try doesn't help. I love the feeling when I'm running and feeling good, but breathing is essential. After the holidays I will head back to the Doc and try anything to fix this issue. I'm going to kick Jillian's azz right now! Lets rock this ladies!
  • DanaKk
    DanaKk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Dana from Philadelphia and Im 22 years old. I am currently doing JM's 30 day shred. I love the idea of this group. I am having surgery on my liver in two weeks and will not be able to work out until the new year. This group is starting at just the right time! What a great way to start back into exercise than with a group of supporters who are doing the same work outs and feeling the same pain!

I am very excited about this group :)
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hello!! my name is laura, I'm from Calgary AB. I have been on MFP for about 3.5 months now, and have lost 23lbs (my ticker says only 2lbs, but i reset it recently to give myself a bit more motivation).

I completed the 30DS a few weeks ago and loved it (well....hated it...but you know what I mean). Last night I did Jillians "No more trouble zones" and it was killer. I think I will use that DVD until this challenge starts in January.

In addition to the videos, I swim once or twice per week, and run about 5-10km/week. I actaully have my first 5km race coming up on Saturday! wish me luck!

I am excited to do this with you all in January!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Meghan and I live in VA. I have done the 30ds and am on D2 of Ripped in 30. I really need to get this weight off by next September, so I will do whatever it takes. Can't wait to start this with ya'll. :)
  • Robes
    Robes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Steph, from Ontario Canada. I just started a new round of 30-day shred yesterday so this will start at the right time for me! I'm down 14lbs since joining MFP but lost another 7 before joining. I just came back from a week-long vacation where dieting was on the back burner for me (although I did manage to get my butt to the gym every day) so I really need to get back into the swing of things. I ordered my copy of the new Jillian today. IF I'M NOT ACTIVELY POSTING, IT MEANS I FELL OFF THE WAGON! Don't let me slack off!!! lol :)
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :) My name is Kendra and right now i'm doing a 30 day slim down challenge. The 30 day slim down challenge started yesterday and will end a few days before this challenge begins so thats good. Its a Jillian workout everyday but each day is something different which helps keep it from getting boring or working certain muscle groups to much. Oh i'm from Florida and I didn't even know Jillian had a new Dvd coming out. Now I can't wait to see what its about lol.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm Nikki!! I have about 40lbs to lose before summer!! I'm a good 'ol Cheese Head!! :)

I've been trying not so hard for almost a year now! Time to kick butt! Monday started my renewed focus on what my goal is!!

I want to start the Jillian's Ripped in 30 Monday which means I won't be able to finish before this but the new video looks crazy!!! :)
    I love how she kicks butt!!!

So hi all and feel free to add me as a friend!! :)
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly from Michigan! I've been on MFP for about 8 months and have lost 19 lbs so far. I'm about 5 lbs from what I consider to be my goal weight. However, I haven't lost a lb in months. I'm an avid runner. I usually log 25-35 miles a week. Running is my favorite cardio exercise. I have completed numerous 5ks, a bunch of 10ks, 10-mile races, and 1 half marathon (last month). I did Ripped in 30 this past spring and got some killer results. I try to do it once or twice a week now, just to maintain my muscles. I also enjoy the elliptical machine at the gym, walking, and I have a small collection of dvds that I do when I get bored. I am getting bored of Ripped, so I'm definitely looking forward to Jillian's latest torture.
    I love these groups, because it's a great way to keep me motivated!! Can't wait to get started!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is suzanne.I'm 48 years old,divorced after 24 years of marriage, I am a very proud and happy mother to 7 children.I have 6 boys and 1 girl from ages 27 to age 8.It's not over yet for me to look great.I plan to be the best I have ever been :happy: I just finished Ripped in 30 and will be doing Jillian michaels killer buns and thighs next in December.I'm so glad to be here and meet you all :smile:
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Killian LOL LOL :laugh:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! so happy to be a hawt candy azz :) i'm laura, from the DC metro area, and i'm on level 3 of the 30 day shred. i have a love/hate relationship with jillian, so i'm happy to continue it in 2012! woot!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Barbara, from Missouri. I've been on MFP for over a year now, but had a major stall this summer/fall. I moved and got a new job in July and have been sick ever since with mycoplasma pneumonia. I was basically put on rest by my doctor, gained around 20 pounds from 2 rounds of steroids, and was just finally cleared a couple weeks ago to start back on exercise. So now I've gained back everything I've lost, but got engaged 2 weeks ago, and am DETERMINED to look amazing in my wedding dress!

A friend and I are making fitness vision boards, and filled out workout calendars for December. I'm going to attempt the 30DS (had started it before I got sick), do Zumba 3x a week, and I'm also throwing in the Shake Weight every day. (Don't judge, it was given to me as a gift and I figure some extra daily work on my arms won't hurt.)

I would like to switch up my workout DVDs every month, so after doing 30DS for December, I can't wait to do Jillian's new DVD for January with you guys!
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole (aka Summer) from California. I have completed 30DS in October and did Ripped in 30 in September. I'm got good results from 30DS, but I think my body is adjusting and didn't get great results with Ripped in 30. I'm still undecided as to whether to continue with JM or if my body might need something else to mix it up a bit. But this seems like a great group of folks.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yay Nicole! You are here too. :)
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Beth from Maryland ... I'm a 42 year old mom of 3 busy kiddos and I work as a paralegal. I travel frequently for my job and I lose my sanity frequently. I've done 30DS shred twice and that ***** killed my knees so I haven't done Ripped in 30. I occasionally do her kettlebell workout which I love. In addition, I am addicted to elliptical and also am working through the New Rules of Lifting for Women which I love.

I've been stalled weight loss wise since July and am coming to terms with that. I have not had a scale in my house for 2 months now and am learning to embrace the tape and f*** the scale.

Oh ... I cuss frequently ... especially when I'm really excited about something. Nothing says good job like a **** yeah!

Looking forward to getting my hawt candy *kitten* along with you all ...