Hi...lets say hello

Options
14567810»

Replies

• WannaLookGudNiv
    WannaLookGudNiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello guys :)

I have always been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed on hypothyroid when I was 8years of age and since then I have always gained weight.

My highest has been 84kgs. But over the last few months by avoiding chips, kurkure, pizza and burger I have managed to being myself to 78kgs. Till before, I didn't realize that by just cutting on calories I could lose weight, I always thought I needed to sweat n workout.

Now I am getting into a stricter diet plan and substituting it with green tea, hot water with honey n lemon etc. If anyone has any tips do let me know. Also I am looking for healthy indian recipies that I could substitute for the regular meals that I take.
  • kunalloser
    kunalloser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi,

From Mumbai, gained weight over time weighed 88.6kg in Jan'14 down to 82.5kgs now.
  • Naruto4ever
    Naruto4ever Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    A little late for me to formally introduce myself... But better late than never.... Am shwetha... now living in colorado, USAfor about an year.... was a zonal level basketball player till college then a knee injury and stopped playing.... Gained weight... At my highest was 92 kg.. Now around 81- 82.,, a foodie at heart... I love long walks and running... Dont like gyms... Closed spaces makes me claustrophobic... For past few montha active in mfp... And honestly its loads of fun with this group... Lets do it guys....

Hey kunal... Good going man... Keep it up...
  • sakshi0112
    sakshi0112 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi i am 26 yrs i wanna lose around 10 kgs !!pls share tips top keep the motivation always high
  • fitmiks2015
    fitmiks2015 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been active on MFP for a few months now but I just joined this community. My initial goal is to lose 20 lbs. Have lost almost half of that so far by simply counting calories. I want to get more physically active now. Please feel free to add me.
  • lordvaderofcheam
    Options
    hi,

I have been a bit serious about losing my weight in the last one year-ish.
    My only problem is that i put on weight rapidly.
    have tried various things -
    i completed the C25k and used to run for about 6 months before i had to travel and that upset my plans.
    now i play badminton daily and run laps around the court when i'm not playing a set.
    the immediate goal is to lose another 6 kilos and come down to 70 kilos.
    then i'll re-assess and move on from there.

need some buddies for encouragement. Feel free to add me.
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi LordVader welcome!
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi, everyone. My name is Jessica. I am from the US but am Fiji-Indian. Anyone else here a "Findian"? :) I joined MFP a few years ago but lost motivation after a while and stopped using it. Over that period of 'not caring,' I put on more weight than ever, and am now at my heaviest. I want to lose weight mostly because of health reasons. I don't really care about being skinny, but I do care about being healthy. My family has a long history of heart disease, stroke, diabetes....so I know I need to make changes now, while I'm still fairly young. I'd rather be proactive and develop a healthy lifestyle now before I end up sick like many of my relatives. Happy to connect with other Indians who are interested in getting healthy and fit!
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica :-) welcome
    I wish I'd realized the importance of being healthy when I was younger. I've been on and off the health wagon so often, this would be my fourth or fifth attempt. It's just important to keep on and on...
  • lorainma
    lorainma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am lorain from kerala but currently in dubai. I am a 20 year old college student and im trying to shed these 10kgs which sometimes goes off coz of stress and then comes right back....