Hi...lets say hello

Options

Replies

• NSharma20
    NSharma20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Tia
    What is day 4 level 1 of 30 day shread. Is it a program that you are in. Where in India are you from?
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Tia
    What is day 4 level 1 of 30 day shread. Is it a program that you are in. Where in India are you from?

The 30 day shred is an amazing weightloss n toning program from celebrity coach jillian michaels, its got three levels n it is available on youtube

Im from bareilly in uttar pradesh, :)
  • satishpendse
    satishpendse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI I am from Mumbai. Lost 13 Kgs in 12 months out of which 8 Kgs in past 5 months. High degree of mental commitment, reading appropriate theory, properly guided diet, regular exercise and use of technology (mfp, pedometer and endomondo.com) are some of the factors which contributed to weight loss. Was trying for past 15+ years but now succeeded. 4 Kgs more to go before end objective is achieved.
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Satish, Tia, & Nina ...... WELCOME!!!

How is everyone this week?
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hii

I am Prium from Kolkata.I am here to loss around 30 pounds.Feel free to add me...xoxo
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi Tia

The 30 day shred is an amazing weightloss n toning program from celebrity coach jillian michaels, its got three levels n it is available on youtube

Im from bareilly in uttar pradesh, :)

I have joined the group which starts this program from 1st Feb 2013.U cud join too..
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Prium!! Welcome!
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hmm!! I guess a lot of track out here!!

We do have a lot of Indians here at MFP (wat to do we are a lot many :P)

Have sent the request to all, if anyone missed plz send request!

Stay fit, stay better ;)
  • satishpendse
    satishpendse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yaah we have many Indians here. I think many of them are still not on this group. The problem for Indians here is that calorie counts of many of our specialty foods are not available and in some cases they are not complete. Hope our friends here help to make our food database richer.
  • arvichan
    arvichan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All.... I am Arvindh from Mumbai and have been on MFP for almost 6 months now. It did not occur to me to look out for an Indian forum until recently.

Along with MFP app on phone, I also use Runtastic to track my calorie burn through workouts.

Learning from mistakes, I have decided to take one step at a time or should I say '0.5 kg per week'. overall target of 15 kgs looks daunting at times. All I focus on is to lose 0.5 kg in current week. it feels lot more achievable... Managed 4 kgs till now overall (of course with many failures & breaks in between).
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Apart from using MFP, Started doing morning walk/jog for around 6km and 15 minute of weight training and sipping two green tea cups a day.
  • Richa_S
    Options
    Good luck for the healthy way!
    Hello All.... I am Arvindh from Mumbai and have been on MFP for almost 6 months now. It did not occur to me to look out for an Indian forum until recently.

Along with MFP app on phone, I also use Runtastic to track my calorie burn through workouts.

Learning from mistakes, I have decided to take one step at a time or should I say '0.5 kg per week'. overall target of 15 kgs looks daunting at times. All I focus on is to lose 0.5 kg in current week. it feels lot more achievable... Managed 4 kgs till now overall (of course with many failures & breaks in between).
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello there. So I am an Indian (born in Uganda) but have been brought up in the UK since I was 2 years old. Hope that still qualifies me for membership of this group :happy:

I've always found that our lovely Indian food isn't always the best when it comes to keeping the calories off - especially all the Gujju farsan. I was in India in December and had to try very hard not to come back with a lot of weight on with all the great food available and managed only to put on 1 llb which I lost again within a week of getting home.

I joined MFP a few years ago but didn't really do much with it and really only started controlling my calories and exercising regularly since last November. I'm enjoying the learning experience, the friendly supportive people here and getting fit & healthy along the way.

I still have a long journey ahead and I am keen not just to lose fat but also build lean body mass. So that's me - look forward to interacting with you all.

Cheers!
  • Richa_S
    Options
    Hello there. So I am an Indian (born in Uganda) but have been brought up in the UK since I was 2 years old. Hope that still qualifies me for membership of this group :happy:

I've always found that our lovely Indian food isn't always the best when it comes to keeping the calories off - especially all the Gujju farsan. I was in India in December and had to try very hard not to come back with a lot of weight on with all the great food available and managed only to put on 1 llb which I lost again within a week of getting home.

I joined MFP a few years ago but didn't really do much with it and really only started controlling my calories and exercising regularly since last November. I'm enjoying the learning experience, the friendly supportive people here and getting fit & healthy along the way.

I still have a long journey ahead and I am keen not just to lose fat but also build lean body mass. So that's me - look forward to interacting with you all.

Cheers!

Indian right?.. already qualified for the group :p

Welcome to new group & healthy life.
  • sj0905
    sj0905 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All,

Good to see a fair bit of activity on this forum. My name is Sudeep. I live in New Jersey. Joined MFP sometime last year, when I started doing P90X - but then lost track in between. Back in the game now, trying to get fit for the summer :)

I started off with a weight of 187 lbs and currently stand at 181. Hope to bring it down to 160 by May end, losing fat and adding lean muscle. Using MFP via my phone and the web, and love the way it surprised me with how many calories I was actually putting inside me everyday ! :)

Look fwd to interacting with everyone !
  • trinics_416
    trinics_416 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Glad to see a desi group in MFP. I am here to loose a ton weight and gonna hang around here for quite a while... so please feel free to add me . I do my best to motivate my MFP pals...

Good Luck!

Cheers,
    Rajiv
  • priya_76
    priya_76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Priya and I looking to lose a good 20-30 pounds..Any tips and motivation is highly appreciated...!

:smile:
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

This is Avinash from Chennai. I am new to MFP. Its nice to see so many desis. Its a kinda motivating.

I weighed my heaviest during my B-School days. I slipped to 'Obese' category by the end of my course. With rocketing BP and Gycemic Index figures, I had to find a way out ASAP. Came back home, educated myself on fitness and well-being. Started taking control over my food pattern.

Today I have lost a little over 13 KG. Hope to lose another 10 perhaps in 2013.

I would like to take the middle-path (an idea stolen from the Buddha!) and regain my health gradually.

Cheers
    Avi
  • Mickeyjenny85
    Mickeyjenny85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Michelle from chennai currently live in US..nice to meet so many Indians here...
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

Hope we motivate each other to regain our lost health. :)

Cheers
    AI