Motivation is waivering

Options
sarahp86
sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
So I have been doing great so far and I've started to struggle! Big time! Myself and my boyfriend are going through tough times medically and I haven't been able to sleep which means I've been up WAY past my bedtime. I don't bring sweet things into the house because my theory is out of sight out of mind but he'll buy me chocolate even if I tell him not to or I asked him to get me a small bar the other day and he bought me three big ones!

Last month this wasn't a problem. This month I can here them calling me from the freezer. I wouldn't even be hungry! I know it's just down to my mood,

What would u guys do?

Replies

• prettypooks
    prettypooks Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling... It's almost an obsession. You can't get it out of your head. I feel for you!

I had to have a serious conversation with my boyfriend about food. He's naturally thin, so doesn't understand the feelings I go through sometimes while trying to reduce my portions and eliminate the junk. I explained to him that I'm going to ask, I'm going to get angry, and I'm probably going to cry... But please don't let me give up on my goals. They're more important than a craving. I think for the first time, he really gets it. Maybe try talking to your boyfriend again? Guys can be really sweet, in that they will always try to find you a solution to your problem, or make you happy (even if just in the short term). Explain to him that although the gesture is sweet, and you know that he has the best intentions in mind when he buys you things like that, but ultimately, that's not the kind of support you need to be successful. Good luck!

P.S. Cover the chocolate in salt or ketchup, and throw them out. This is embarrassing to admit, but I've pulled things out of the trash that I threw out with the best of intentions before! lol... I don't know if you're similar. ;)
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have done that! Cravings are a *****!!!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am soo glad that my husband support me allot on this journey since he is a fitness instructor and is into eating healthy himself
    the problem is me myself!!! if i am feeling some emotions i eat non stop and usually take the car and go buy myself all this junkfoods and finishing it before coming back home.:ohwell: i need to break this bad habbit.
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I totally understand.
    I throw them out. Yesterday when I was full I had 2 pieces of half eaten pie on my plate. I went over and threw them away. After a while my son looks at me and says 'I am soooooo full...but I have this pie I cant finish. What should I do?' I told him 'babe, go throw it away, I promise....you wont give the trash diabetes'. The whole family busted out laughing. Soon I saw my other 2 children go throw away things they had gotten and were to full to finish.
    That is how I would look at it. I need to throw away things from myself as well. I am stressed right now and having food around is major temptation to me. I have thrown away something that I have put in the toaster oven and then realized that I really wasnt hungry.
    Dont ever feel bad about throwing it away!
    jac
  • molsenrice
    molsenrice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, like all the above folks above are saying, throw them out. And if the boyfriend isn't listening to your pleas (or is just ignoring them now), then throw them out in front of him! Tell him you are serious! Yes, you asked for the treat a few weeks back, but you know how it doesn't get you anywhere. Explain to him it's time for you to stop eating this stuff. He's welcome to eat it, but it's got to be done before he reaches your house. :)

I moderate the Mission: Fit Moms group, and I just created a video to get some of the ladies back on track! See if this youTube video will help you, too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/pTVzSi5AL-Q

Best wishes and stay strong!
    -Michelle
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I totally understand.
    I throw them out. Yesterday when I was full I had 2 pieces of half eaten pie on my plate. I went over and threw them away. After a while my son looks at me and says 'I am soooooo full...but I have this pie I cant finish. What should I do?' I told him 'babe, go throw it away, I promise....you wont give the trash diabetes'. The whole family busted out laughing. Soon I saw my other 2 children go throw away things they had gotten and were to full to finish.
    That is how I would look at it. I need to throw away things from myself as well. I am stressed right now and having food around is major temptation to me. I have thrown away something that I have put in the toaster oven and then realized that I really wasnt hungry.
    Dont ever feel bad about throwing it away!
    jac

LOL i must try this trowing away food thing because that is my weak point at the moment. while am hungry and my children and husband have some left-over i just cant stand seeing those food wasted and finnish it off!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Stop use your body as a garbage disposal!
    Don't eat any left over because you actually won't save any money.
    You just have spend more time work out to lose the extra calorie.
  • mell_m_m
    mell_m_m Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sarahp86 wrote: »
    So I have been doing great so far and I've started to struggle! Big time! Myself and my boyfriend are going through tough times medically and I haven't been able to sleep which means I've been up WAY past my bedtime. I don't bring sweet things into the house because my theory is out of sight out of mind but he'll buy me chocolate even if I tell him not to or I asked him to get me a small bar the other day and he bought me three big ones!

Last month this wasn't a problem. This month I can here them calling me from the freezer. I wouldn't even be hungry! I know it's just down to my mood,

What would u guys do?

I think the onus is on you to control eating your chocolate bars. First never put your boyfriend in the position of getting you a chocolate bar. He only wants to please you and of course the more he gets you the more pleased you will be.
    Second, if you want a bar walk to the store and get it yourself. The walk is exercise plus when you get there pick the one you really want. It has to be the smallest. Don't eat it until you get home put it on a plate and cut up. Then drink a full glass of water between every third bite. This will either slow you down or drive you crazy. Once finished promise yourself you will not have another bar for 36 hours and repeat. Drastic measures to deal with cravings for chocolate.
  • mell_m_m
    mell_m_m Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    mell_m_m wrote: »
    sarahp86 wrote: »

What would u guys do?

I think the onus is on you to control eating your chocolate bars. First never put your boyfriend in the position of getting you a chocolate bar. He only wants to please you and of course the more he gets you the more pleased you will be.
    Second, if you want a bar walk to the store and get it yourself. The walk is exercise plus when you get there pick the one you really want. It has to be the smallest. Don't eat it until you get home put it on a plate and cut up. Then drink a full glass of water between every third bite. This will either slow you down or drive you crazy. Once finished promise yourself you will not have another bar for 36 hours and repeat. Drastic measures to deal with cravings for chocolate.

P.s. Oh and you have earned that bar so no guilt feelings.
  • dredzone71
    dredzone71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    People don't have to do the things you're doing, or make the choices your making; but if they care about you then they need to RESPECT your choices and realize you don't have to do what they're doing either.
    It's hard, but you have to take care of YOU, first and foremost.
  • FrancineHolland
    FrancineHolland Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My mother has basically destroyed me emotionally. I don't feel anything anymore but I've been binge eating since it happened July 5th.