Starting Out!

Options
Hey! I thought I'd start a thread for everybody to post their beginning stats. You can post any measurements you'd like—weight, BMI, body fat percentage, waist measurement... whatever you'll use to measure your progress. Feel free to type up a bit about yourself and your goals as well. We'll have a halfway check in at 2 weeks (December 11) and a final one on Christmas Day.

Weight: 159.0
BMI: 26.5
Waist: 29
Hips: 39
Arms: 11
Legs: 24/16/9

I'm hoping to lose 10 pounds by Christmas (and more after!), so for this little challenge, I just want to get back into the 140s. I'm also hoping for some measurement changes, though I'm not sure what to expect there. I had a baby 5 months ago, and though I'm back at my prebaby weight, I still feel flabby, especially around the middle. Toning up would be awesome.

Mostly, my goal is simply to stick to the plan! I figure that if I can do that, I'll definitely see good changes.

Replies

• melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ETA just saw you mean a different program, I should really read the whole headline, doh!

Hey,

I only saw this now, I did my day one today, but I would still love to join you on this journey!

I want to get rid of another 6 pounds till Christmas - approximately 3kg, today I took pics, so I got something to compare after I'm done with the 30DS.

these are my stats as per Tuesday 22nd, I only weigh/measure once every 8 days
    weight 70.9kg
    waist 77cm (was 83 on the 26/10, 78 on the 14/11)
    hips 104cm (was 107 on the 26/10, 104 on the 14/11)
    upper thigh 62cm (was 63.5 on thr 26/10, was 63 on 14/11)

I like to as well lose at least another 5cm on my hips to get under the 100s.

I did my day one today, as I work 12h shifts I hope I can manage to do it every day, I know it's going to be a tough one though.

Feel free to add me if you like :D
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just thinking about starting this again; I started it a few months ago but injured my back and quit doing it. I've just finished working with a trainer so now I need to keep up with the strenght training. This will give me good incentive! I'll try to do every day but I do like to change my workouts up so I don't get bored and I have a limited amount of time to do it with a full time job and a toddler at home. :bigsmile:

I have about 10 more pounds to go before I reach my goal weight. I'd love to get there by Christmas but realistically I'll be happy with 5lbs down by then. I normally weigh on Monday so I'll post my starting stats then if that's ok.

Thanks!
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I was planning to start today. I will go measure and snap pics. Will be back with more info.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Would love to lose 10lbs by Christmas :). I will also be doing some "Body Flow" (yoga) and "Body Pump" (weights) at the gym. Hoping for awesome results! I can do JM in the morning during my daughters nap time.

So do you plan on doing this everyday?
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im so glad I saw this, I wanted to do ripped in 30, and I feel more motivated to continue with a group..

Name -- Jenny
    CW 149--- too much thanksgiving :)
    Bust 34
    Natural Waist 33
    2" below belly button 37
    Hips 36
    Thigh 21
    Calves 14
    Biceps 11
    % of body fat using navy calculator- 27.02
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey! I thought I'd start a thread for everybody to post their beginning stats. You can post any measurements you'd like—weight, BMI, body fat percentage, waist measurement... whatever you'll use to measure your progress. Feel free to type up a bit about yourself and your goals as well. We'll have a halfway check in at 2 weeks (December 11) and a final one on Christmas Day.

Weight: 159.0
    BMI: 26.5
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Arms: 11
    Legs: 24/16/9

I'm hoping to lose 10 pounds by Christmas (and more after!), so for this little challenge, I just want to get back into the 140s. I'm also hoping for some measurement changes, though I'm not sure what to expect there. I had a baby 5 months ago, and though I'm back at my prebaby weight, I still feel flabby, especially around the middle. Toning up would be awesome.

Mostly, my goal is simply to stick to the plan! I figure that if I can do that, I'll definitely see good changes.

My baby is a year old now and I'm passed the pre baby weight now, but my tummy area needs some help :cry: Im excited to see what results I'll have I lost alot of inches with 30DS
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oops!!! I thought this was 30 day shred! Lol!!! I will still do it though but 30ds instead of ripped in 30...
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ARGH - i am doing 30DS as well. Thought I had ripped in 30 but do not. OP -- Should we stay with this group or star our own?

173 weight today
    38.0 waist
    22.5 thigh
    41.0 hips
    34.0 chest
    38.0 breast

I took pics and will use for before/after when I am done.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    RI30 is amazing and Jillian is very motivating and inspiring. I finished it in October and felt great. I believe in it and want to do it again for December to lose about 10 lbs.

120lbs now. Hope to get to about 110lbs (I'm 5'4 and very small boned).

Thanks for starting this!
  • bublita
    Options
    I bought the video and some weights today - I'm excited and inspired to do this with you all. :happy:
  • tesha_al
    tesha_al Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I would like to join this but I don't know much about the programme any details?