Hi, everyone!

Options
:drinker:

Replies

• cris00
    cris00 Posts: 13
    Options
    HI! How are we shaping up this fine Thanksgiving Friday?
  • i_will2
    Options
    Calorie counter doesn't allow for low-carb diets, seems it wants lower calories. 2270 might seem right for 1/2 lb loss a week, its just that the macros don't work for me.
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! We don't own scales so I just want to fit in my clothes come January. Just keep me away from :drinker:
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, I have been working on the food portion. Now I am accountable, yikes!
  • IronDeli
    Options
    Watch out, everyone. I still haven't had dinner, and I have a tub of cookie dough in the fridge. If you'd like to feel better about your progress, just check my diary later on today. I guarantee you'll respond with, "What a frickin' fatty!" I predict a lot of red on my homepage tonight (and every other night of the week).
  • smarterblonde
    smarterblonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    where is the "like" button?
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! This week has been LOUSY with trying to stay within the calorie range, but today was probably the best day...lol.

And I wish there was a "like" button too around here!
  • laurenbn1
    Options
    Glad you started this. I hadn't been on here since 10 lbs ago. :P
  • IronDeli
    Options
    So I got bored and bought a scale. I'm actually 3 pounds heavier than I thought, hehehe! Only 5 days after IM, and I've already gained 3. Ultra-training starts MONDAY!!!
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a really old scale that shows pounds, but not tenths of pounds. Once I get some extra cash, I'll spend the money and buy a better one, but for now the one I have is good enough. So far, I've resisted DS's birthday "Too Much Chocolate Cake" but he keeps asking me if I want a piece, so we'll see how long that lasts!
  • IronDeli
    Options
    I am officially changing the name of this website to "My Fatness Pal".
  • laurenbn1
    Options
    My scale just does half lbs, which makes me crazy when I see people posting their weight to the tenth of a lb, but prob not worth buying a new one over...
  • laurenbn1
    Options
    Ooh, maybe my new iphone will have an app for that. :P
  • cris00
    Options
    My scale measures up the the half pound only.

I am drinking hot herbal tea after dinner. Hopefully it will prevent me from snacking....
  • smarterblonde
    Options
    I think the calories this website says you burn during exercise is a bit generous. I just rode 28.8 miles at a rather leisurely pace (although I can say I did have to work harder to get my butt up the hills than I did while I was training) and mfp says I burned 1,400+ calories. I think that is a bit high. It also seems really high for the running I do too.
  • morganalefay66
    morganalefay66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! It looks like I'll have to work really hard to be worthy of this group! You are healthy-eating, calorie-burning machines!
  • cris00
    Options
    SB, so far the exercise calorie counter has worked reasonably well for me, but I don't bike on a regular basis.

Morgana, welcome!
  • smarterblonde
    Options
    I didn't realize I had so many friends who thought they were fatties! I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SB, I thought the amount of calories it credited me for my run yesterday seemed really high too, but I've never been very good at estimating that sort of thing. I'm going to just try to keep an eye on my food and the exercise will just be a bonus.
  • katarama99
    Options
    Hi fellow porkers! I have to be katarama99 over here because some bastage took MY name. I trying to decide which to put in first-my swim yardage or the cheese and crackers I ate the minute I got home.