Need to get remotivated

Options
Hi Guys
How do you get yourself remotivated.

Have struggled this week with not only eating 3 meals per day and the right portion sizes but to only exercising once this week.

Am feeling a bit :sad: about it all.

Not sure why a bit of a chaotic week and unsure why i'm losing the mojo to do this.

I have honestly been enjoying my running just the feeling of escaping from everything and clearing my head for 30mins is great and 3 meals a day has been good to stick to as IBS has got better and bloating had settled down for a long time.

Please help me get my mojo back, what do you do if you get days/weeks like this :huh:

Replies

• snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds a bit like me...my weight loss is so gradual even when I do everything right that it doesn't seem worth being really strict with myself! Work has been manic and things should ease off now. I just aim to talk myself back into it. Could do with another challenge - one month til Christmas, what could we do? The 30DS one did me the world of good.
  • rtell
    rtell Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi Bexsy
    just put it behind you and try again, starting tomorrow. Can you schedule in a run tomorrow? You could try the MN trick of planning your meals for the next few days, if you know in advance what you are going to eat I find it makes me think more about going over, so I input all my planned intake in the morning and adjust as I go through the day.
    Don't worry about this week, go for the long game.
  • rtell
    Options
    How bout a mileage challenge berween us? I don't run, but could have a target walking/swimming goal for the month...
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You've just got to remind yourself why you're doing this in the first place. If your goal seems to far away then break it down into more manageable chunks like half a stone. Maybe come up with a list of treats for when you hit each half stone goal.
  • Bexsy
    Bexsy Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Guys thanx for advice and support.

I think one of my problems is patience, if I don't see it happening quick enough I lose hope and think why am I bothering it will take ages. Also had set a goal to lose 7ibs by 16.12.2011 (works xmas party) and this would take me the right side to being near 13stone which would be amazing for me lightest I have been for years. Would still have 3 stone and a bit to lose after but this would be almost halfway and such an achievement for me.

Had 3 days this week where I survived on caffeine (coffee) whilst at work as was so busy I couldn't be bothered in the end to make sure I had my cup a soups etc for lunch and not sure why my exercise has dropped off dramatically. Also can see silly little old habits appearing e.g. oh just one won't hurt (cake, choc bar etc) and that isn't a good place for me to be.

I was running 3 times per week, doing Zumba and my Wii Fit/just dance and this week only managed Sunday and Tuesday running nothing else apart from my little walks a-b.

Right I need to take control again I think.

Am going to do running tomorrow (can't go today as house work day and in laws coming this pm) but I need to start back with my planned 3 meals and ensure I log everything to see whats going on.

I have set my self goals as thought this would stop me getting disilusioned quickly, my goal is usually to lose 7ibs at a time and allow 4-5 weeks for this and to exercise 4/5 times per week.
  • Wordsonapage
    Options
    How bout a mileage challenge berween us? I don't run, but could have a target walking/swimming goal for the month...

I like this idea
  • rtell
    Options
    I'm on, it's going to be tricky with loads of Xmas activities, but I reckon I can commit to 10 miles per week walking and aim for 2 swimming sessions per week (I usually do 1/2 hour per session).
    How about you Wordsonapage?
  • snailrunner
    Options
    10 miles a week? That seems quite ambitious right now! Good idea though...

If I walk to work I don't know how far it is but it takes me just over 20 mins. I can't walk to work every day though. Not a swimming fan so will give that one a miss. Could do some Wii Fit instead?
  • rtell
    Options
    That would be 10 miles if you walk there and back every day of the week. 20 mins = 1 mile for an average speed walker

I'm not doing well this week, did 4 miles on Sunday but then had gastric flu, so not up to any exercise at all at the moment, I hope to go out for a walk on sunday, but that is the start of a new week.:laugh:
  • snailrunner
    Options
    rtell, hope you're feeling better soon.

I can't walk to work every day because 4 days a week I drop my daughter at school first. There is rarely enough time to do that and walk the remaining mile, so I walk with her then get the bus from her school. Once a week she is at her dad's overnight so I can walk then as I can go straight from home to work. I will do my best though!
  • rtell
    Options
    Each challeng is personal, and I think a lot of it is down to how much time you have. I do my walking at lunchtime and weekends since I work full time, but I don't have any kids to look after so have more 'me' time at the weekends. Every little helps though doesn't it
    R
  • Bexsy
    Bexsy Posts: 9
    Options
    Well guys, am feeling remotivated for the time being.

Challenge umm reckon my goal will be approx 8 miles per week starting today. So 2.6 m done only 5.4 to go :smile:

This will end badly for me and prob end up demotivating myself again lol but it's all good fun this journey :laugh:
  • rtell
    Options
    That's great Bexsy, well done. Well, I laid down the guantlet, but acheived very little this week, first I was ill and now I am really busy until next weekend. Will try to get a few lunchtime walks in, but won't have time for swimming, oh well, there's always next week :wink:
  • rtell
    Options
    How are we all getting on? I have been ill twice in the last 3 weeks, and super busy at work and socially, so nowher near my ambitious targets, but I have tried to walk whenever I can, so not feeling too guilty. keep on going, we need those extra calorie allowances over christmas!
  • QueenStromba
    QueenStromba Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I seem to have turned into a walking addict - I've walked 26 miles so far this week. I walked 9.5 miles yesterday so I'll probably just do about 3 miles today.
  • rtell
    Options
    That's fantastic! not that I am competitive or anything, but just the shove to make me get off my A**e this afternoon and get out there, see you later :laugh: