Introductions!

Options

Replies

• SanDiegoMuscle
    SanDiegoMuscle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all you MFP San Dieagans!

My name is Daniel, I currently live in National City. I've been on MFP for a while now. I started out at 230ish LBS now I am down to 193 at my last weigh in. Just moved back from living over in Eastern Europe for a little bit. My fitness goals are bodybuilding oriented, however right now I am on a "Cut" to try and drop to at least 9% BF within the next few months. Look forward to talking to all you locals!

Daniel
  • MartinHW
    Options
    Hi, I'm Martin. After losing 10 lbs last year, I've gained about 6 of it back. Fell off the wagon so to speak. So I'm starting over retaining the knowledge and experience I gained in the past year. I am starting keto and so far the keto flu is hitting me hard. I think I'm going to gradually ease into it rather go cold turkey, full force. I live near City Heights/Talmadge. I workout during the week at 24hour at Mission Valley. On Sundays, I go to CrossFit Meetup at Balboa park. Add me or message me if you are looking for a workout partner, friend support.
  • saneils
    Options
    Hello! I'm from North County but I'm currently serving in the Peace Corps in Africa. I'll be back in SD sometime this summer (2 and a half years away, start to finish). I just found MFP online. As my stateside-due-date draws closer I realize its time to drop the Peace Corps lbs gained from the high-carb staple food we eat here (apparently it doesn't matter how many buckets of water I carry on my head, its not enough to counteract the unbelievable amounts of corn flour patties we eat here). When I come home I'm hoping to join a club ultimate frisbee team or something like it, if anyone knows of one around. Thanks!
  • jesszika
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm 28, and live in Lakeside and would be interested in someone to meet up with to exercise. I have a gym membership at Chuze, and usually go to the one in Santee, but walking around parks would be great too. I've just got to get moving a bit more, and would love to have some company while doing it.
  • jennbaughman
    Options
    Hello!! I am new to this site, but have tried almost every single type of diet under the SUN!! I am also a roller-coaster when it comes to weight-loss. I loose 30 pounds, then I gain it back... its a vicious cycle that I am sick and tired of it!! I would like to meet some new people to get together with and be healthy. I want work out buddies!! I live in Clairemont but can go to ANY of the SD 24 hour fitness gyms. I like running (jogging really) but need to start back up slowly again. (Its been a while).

Well, I am throwing myself out there. Hoping this app will be something new and exciting for me so I can begin my journey of loosing the lbs I have gained.

Jenn :)
  • mcarter619
    mcarter619 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mary...living in Rancho San Diego. I'm big into walking more than anything...and Jillian Michaels workouts.
  • cherylynnrose
    cherylynnrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 27 year old graduate student ending my academic career shortly ( thank goodness! ) Stress had got the better of me and my weight/ fitness / wellbeing took a backseat to some things and I'm ready to get back on track. I got a trainer not to long ago, adn now I feel that this is a step in the process. Monitoring food as well as exerise. I'm linking through my FITBIT account which I found to be extreemly helpeful.

I'm happy to help motivate and happy to take what I can get from other members :)

OH and I live in PB where everyone is fitness crazy so I dont want to be fitness crazy--- just live in a more balanced maner
  • mari0velle
    Options
    Hi, my name is Maribel, I live in IB.
    I'm barely starting my diet and exercise - I hope to lose 2 lbs a week, and 150 lbs by next summer.
    I'm hoping to find locals for support and running/walking/exercise mates!
    I'm a stay at home mom, with a 22 month old daughter.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey there... my name's Kevin and I live in East County.

I've lived in San Diego my entire life, and while I've desired to leave at times, the weather keeps me planted here :)

I've been on MFP since January and have so far lost 24lbs. By monitoring calories in/calories out, walks, hikes, a few gym visits, occasional Insanity sessions, and positive thinking, I've been able to drop the weight.

Feel free to friend me if you login often and want an MFP partner through this crazy cool journey of weight loss and healthy living...
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I've posted on here but I don't think I ever posted in the intro section? Hmm... We'll I'm Casey, I'm in Mission Valley, I train at the Stadium 24Hr Fitness and then off and on at San Diego Combat Academy (SDCA) and have really gotten into trail runs and adventure races recently.. I've hit up a couple boot camps and wold like to check out some of the local cross fit stuff, never tried it. Lets see if we can get a little more activity in the San Diego forum!

Casey
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been in the website for a while but have really never been all into it until now. I live in North Park and workout at 24hr Fitness. I would like to meet other people for support and encouragement in our goals. Feel free to add me as a friend. Lets do this!!!!
  • evdjohnson
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am Vanessa, 26 years old and I live right on the cusp of San Carlos, El Cajon and La Mesa.

I want to find buddy's to go be active with. I am married have a 3 year old son, a and a 100 lb German Shepherd .

I like to go walking missions trails a lot, there are some beautiful canyons around here and if anyone needs a nice walk I highly suggest Penasquitos Canyon Preserve. It's beautiful and I like to go there a lot as well even if it is about 15 minute drive I find it well worth it.

Anyway, my goal is to start walking or hiking moderately every day. Eventually it would be nice to build up to running 5k's because I used to run all the time! Oh, I am also super in love with Zumba!

I don't care if you are gay, straight, single, married, have kids, no kids... whatever. I would just like to have a walking/hiking buddy if anyone is interested! Thanks!
  • evdjohnson
    Options
    Hi Nichole, I'm in the same boat as you except I'm trying to loose the baby weight after 3 years! Haha!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am from San Diego, but i live in NYC now, i still like to keep in touch, trade and share fitness ideas, tips and recipes and work out when i visit my hometown so i figured i would join the san diego group.
  • barrerab
    barrerab Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! My name is Beatriz and I just started MFP to track my food and exercise. I had surgery at the end of March which had me down for a while but I started doing the Leslie Sansone walking DVD's at home until I'm able to get out in full force. I would love to meet up with people here in San Diego to go walking and maybe possibly start the C25K program... I'm in the Mission Valley area. I would love to make some friends on there that will keep me accountable and motivated!!
  • sunrise641
    sunrise641 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Aloha! I'm Kathy and need to get back into optimum shape. Work out at Gold's Gym and started a 6 week boot camp and need to be CONSISTENT! Looking to do fun activities like more hiking! Have SUP's so looking forward to this summer. I am looking to learn to surf and get back into camping after 3 knee surgeries in the past 1.5 years. I'm game for anything so if you need a partner, me and my Hubby Scott can be 1 or 2 to your group!
  • Adderly619
    Adderly619 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Im Adderly, and I live by Downtown. I just started out, but I usually am working out in 24 Hour in Horton Plaza or running around the Convention Center. I wont lie, I still sometimes get discourage when I see someone in better health workout, but I still push on. Hopefully I will find great new friends here that way we can help each other reach our goal. Feel free to message me with advice, I will be glad to listen and try new workout tips.
  • dynamicpoetry
    Options
    I'm Joseph and live in the South Bay area close to the Silver Strand...decided to look up San Diego in groups, which brought me to this group. I gained a bunch of weight (around 30 pounds) over the last couple of years and realized I need to get into better shape, so I started doing the Insanity workouts about 6 weeks ago. When I started, I couldn't even get through the first month's workouts...now I can usually at least get through them, though I don't do every single rep of every excercise. I'm not following the Insanity program as written...I plan to stay on Month 1 until I can get through the exercises doing at least 90% of the reps before I move to the much more difficult Month 2 workouts. I'm also working with Kettlebells (Bob Harper has great videos) to build some muscle.

I recently got a Fitbit One to monitor my calories and, little by little I'm losing weight (about 15 pounds over the last month or so). Myfitnesspal has really helped me stay aware of how much I eat. I do great during the week but weekends are tough, especially since we have friends in the Craft Beer industry...SD is a mecca for craft beer, but the best tasting beer has some of the most calories!

I'm male, married, late 40's. My profile pic is my 6 year old Lab...she's been out of shape too so I'm also trying to whip her into shape because she just loves being active and I want her to be able to do all the things she loves doing for quite some time.

I'm here to inspire others, and to be inspired. I'd love to hear about what you do to stay active, any challenges you've faced and how you've overcome them...
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options
    Hi, I am Janette and I live in Escondido, couldn't find a group for Escondido in MFP. I grew up in San Diego though. I have been with MFP for several months now, but just decided to try to join this group since there wasn't an Escondido group. I work out in my house using my Wii Fit Plus, Wii Zumba and other Wii activities. I also do a lot of walking, jogging, running around my neighborhood with or with out my 6 yr old dog. I like to do a lot of walking around the old part of old down town by where I live, and around Grape Day Park by where I live, along with just around my neighborhood. And I do other exercises too. I am getting ready to run my first 5 K this Saturday at the Grape Day 5K.
  • andrewrossol
    Options
    Andrew checking in from Point Loma. I bought a FitBit Flex on an impulse "that looks interesting" buy about a month back, and I just got it synced up with RunKeeper and now MFP. I'm actually enjoying the competitive nature of the FitBit Friends dashboard and am just getting now getting familiar with MFP, any fun tips/tricks/friends would be appreciated!

A 8-6 desk job means I do most of my cardio in the morning (went for a 3 mile job this morning, felt great!) and Gold's gym 1-2 times a week in the evening. Overall goal is to lose about 10 pounds of fat and gain it back in muscle.