soy products

Options
Hello, I am new to this and am slowly adding clean eating to my lifestyle. So I was wondering everyone's opinion on soy products especially milk. Yay or nay? I drink a lot of soy milk b/c regular milk and I don't match. If you don't recommend soy milk then what should I drink? Thanks in advance for your help and information.

Replies

• lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on if you can tolerate it. I don't find soy sits well with me. Also there has been some research that it is a genetically modified food. You may need to do some research on this for yourself. My preference is unsweetened almond milk. I guess it's up to you in the end.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I talked to my doctor about it (and she is on a clean diet as well) and she says that it's OK. there's a lot of hype about "too much estrogen blah blah blah" and she said that unless you're drinking multipul glassesa day then you don't need to worry. I have never read the back of a box of soy milk but read it and see what the ingredients are, generally if I can't pronounce it I don't eat it. Also, you can buy your own organic soy beans and make it yourself, just google it. I've never made soy milk but I have made almond milk and it's super easy.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    i drink Silk soy milk on occasions(my daughter drinks it) when i run out of almond. I've read the bottles I've gotten and unless its changed in the last month or two Silk is NOT from genetically modified soybeans and all soy beans in production are organic. I don't branch off into other brands really at all some are not as good as others.

Of course I'd like to eat mostly clean foods I'm not trying to be 100% clean all the time. 80-90% is the goal I'm working towards.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've made rice milk before too. It was better than store bought unsweetened and plain but took a lot of work.