Logging miles

Options
sm423
sm423 Posts: 210 Member
Anyone interested in logging your miles? Maybe weekly miles? I try to run/walk 3-6 times a week, depending on how busy my schedule is. You can log in how far you've walked, jogged, or ran (or a combination of all three) Maybe every Sunday?

Replies

• KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would love to keep track:)
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    OK, since it is Sunday...I will log mine. I had a stomach flu so only ran 3 days this week.

Total: 9.5 miles.
  • sm423
    Options
    My miles for this week, 12 miles...Only because I ran/walked 6 miles Thanksgiving morning, lol!!

Can't wait to see the numbers next Sunday!! Who ever logs first, can make the topic title Week Two: Logging miles....or something easy so that everyone will know where to go to log. I live in Hawaii, so I'm usually 2-6 hours behind most people. And I'm sure some of us will be eager to see the miles logged in. Also, we can make it fun later down the road by adding challenges here and there like making it a goal to log in 100 miles as a group. :)
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    10 miles jogging. probably 15 with the walking. I always try to hit at least 3 each time.
  • perezke
    perezke Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I will start keeping track so I can add something next week. And I like the idea of the challenges--a couple ideas: miles per month for the group or seeing how long it takes for us to cross a state...or some other geographical area.
  • sm423
    Options
    seeing how long it takes for us to cross a state...or some other geographical area.

That sounds fun!!
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    Last week I did a total of 9.3 miles plus more walking I don't count (I only count it if I go out with my running shoes and jog for at least part of the time. I do a lot of walking just to get from A to B or with my dog)
  • perezke
    Options
    So what qualifies as a mile we can count? Can we count it if we jogged half of it? Jogged any of it? How should we count this? I usually wog (a combination of walking and jogging) so do I only count the part that I jogged? Or can I count the whole mile if I jogged part of it?
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    I think you can count whatever you like -- I know I just never count it if I'm walking to and from the subway station (a good 10 minutes each way, twice a day) or doing a quick walk round the block with my dog, since I'm not in a "workout" mode, I'm not trying to get my heart rate up or train or anything and I don't feel compelled to stretch afterwards. I only count it if I jog or purposely walk very fast.
    When I jog part, walk part, I count the whole distance covered because my walking counts as warmup, cooldown and active recovery in between bouts of jogging, and I'm not walking slowly enough to allow my heartrate to drop out of zone.
  • sm423
    Options
    I think you should count all of it. If you walk a mile, count it. If you walk/jog a mile, count it. If you run a mile, damn you! LoL! I'm just kidding, I would love to say I ran a whole mile one day......penguin steps! ;)
  • perezke
    Options
    If you run a mile, damn you! LoL! I'm just kidding,

ha!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I forget to log, but last week I wogged 11 miles, mostly walking, but still more than I thought I'd travel.
  • timrap
    timrap Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5 miles today running