Surgery Next Week

Options
SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
A week from tomorrow, I have round two of 'lap' surgery.

For this procedure, I have a new doctor (thankfully). We were going over the basic procedures and making sure I understood this wasn't a cure yadda yadda yadda. I show him the single scar under my navel. He asks me where the other scars are, as he doesnt want to hit scar tissue. I tilt my head to the side, "there are supposed to be more?"

My doctor, whom has the BEST bedside manners ever, walks through the entire procedure with me. I felt so STUPID I did not know half of this information before.

My old doctor didn't even have me go to Pre-Op so I woke up with a tube down my throat and freaking out!!

I always feel horrible if I eat anything to heavy for the days after surgery. What do any of you recommend? My throat usually kills for 2-3 days and the gas they blow you up with just makes me feel bloated.

Replies

• calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had the surgery at the end of August. My aunt made me a big container of chicken & rice soup and dropped it off when I got home. I usually don't like chicken soups but for some reason this time around it was perfect the night of the surgery and the next day.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've got my Lap booked in for the 13th Dec!!

After I had the diagnostic lap my throat was sore for a few days too - I could hardly speak the day I had it done. Luckily for me I only had a bit of an achey shoulder for the rest of the day but didn't feel bloated from the gas. My doctor went in through my belly button so I don't have a scar that's visible...the hole further down was literally a pin prick and I can't see that anymore :-))

Good luck to you...hopefully it'll make you feel a lot better afterwards :smile:
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with the surgery and recovery, let us know how you went on x