What Fruit Juice should I drink?

Options
Abusser
Abusser Posts: 22 Member
Hello!

My fiance always buys fruit juice. I thought as long as it was all natural I was doing good. Well now that I started logging my food I realized it is sooo high in calories. What natural juice is lower in calories? I love pomegranate and cranberry juice.

I have started drinking 1/2 juice and 1/2 water.

I also love sweet tea... well that is a whole different issue .:grumble: I do use natural raw sugar (less sugar than normal now!) and make it with chai or jasmine tea so it's my own southern sweet tea.

Any suggestions is appreciated! I need to lose about 2 lbs a week.

Thanks!

Replies

• Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Try making your own juice. It works best for me & I don't have to add any other sugars (like some store bought juices have)
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Honestly? None at all. Juice is yummy, but you're much better off eating the actual fruit. I just finished a program here called Weight Wise and one of the first things they tell us is don't drink your calories. One study they told us about found that people could drink as much as 700 calories in the form of juice and pop without it making any difference in the amount of food they ate in a meal.

It sucks, but with limited calories I prefer that what I put in my mouth makes me feel like I've eaten...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm with Kellyanne - juice is tasty and sweet, but you are missing out on all the fibre and other goodness that you get in whole fruit.
    And you feel so much more full and satisfied from eating a whole apple vs the same calories in apple juice.
    If you are going to drink it, treat it like flavouring for your water (use just a dash for a glass of water) rather than drinking it straight.
  • Abusser
    Abusser Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. So what do you guys drink? Only water? I do drink a lot of water.

Thanks!
    Amanda
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. So what do you guys drink? Only water? I do drink a lot of water.

Thanks!
    Amanda

Water, Green tea and then 1 cup of coffee per day.