Whats your fav game and why? Mine is...

Options
ooOOooGravy
ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
Whats your fav game and why?

I have a clear winner... Conkers Bad Fur Day! for N64!

This game was genius, so much fun to play and wayyy before its time!

If you havent played before, heres the basics, you play a squirrel, named Conker: after a very heavy night on the booze you wake up lost without memory of what went on the night before, as the story progresses you find you need to rescue your girlfriend from the evil teddy bears. however, the things you go through to get to that point are halrrious, entertaining, fun and enjoyable. Most of the levels mimic well known films, for instance:
the first scean from Saving Private Ryan on the beaches of Omaha. The scean from The Matrix when they walk into the high rise building and all the alarms go off and all of action is in slow motion, and also the scean from Aliens when you have to throw the Queen out of the cargo doors... all done in a cartoony spoofy way. There are also many other parts unique to CBFD such as you need to kill these little fire devils that run round, what better way, than to drink 8 pints of beer, then piss all over them to extinguish their flame lol and one of my fav parts is to fight a BIG turd, yes a poo! After it sings a very funny song.

I wish i never had got rid of my N64 so i was able to play this at times, however i have heard that it is on Xbox Arcade, so i may have to invest if it is! My friends and I had real fun on the 4 way multiplayer too!

Oh and one of the cheat codes was Legumas Falacio (i think thats how its spelt) and i believe it mean "*kitten* licking" what more do you need to know? lol

Whats your best game and why? and has anyone else played Conker's??

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've played Conkers...sorry it was so bad on so many levels.

The humor was funny, but that was ALL it had going for it, but it was such a sub-par platformer, it really had no redeeming qualities about it. The controls were terrible and camera control was just off.

My favorite game is a toss up right now.

Dragon Age because the story for me was so engrossing (the first not the second) or Skyrim

I'm going to have to say Skyrim. It's beautiful, the controls are perfect, and challenge is awesome, the story works well, and the way you play is entirely up to me, and with my PC I can use mods and turn this thing into an epic!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Classic game, had it on the xbox.

My all time favourite is Fallout, 1997 ish.

why? http://youtu.be/EqiMS_0yto8

war, war never changes ;)
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options
    but it was such a sub-par platformer, it really had no redeeming qualities about it. The controls were terrible and camera control was just off.

this is true, but these things dont make games poor quality, for a pure entertainment factor, it rates top notch for me. T

he Fallout was a damn good game, chairless, even though Skyrim is great (im currently addicted to it) i often find it difficult to rate, the newer games above the classics... yes, controls and graphics and technology are uncompareable, but they seem to lack something that PS1 era and further back have. maybe its me just getting old lol
  • theaquallama
    Options
    Silent Hill 2. I just love how deep the series is, it's not just run around and shoot monsters. There's a psychological aspect that just puts the series on a whole 'nother level. It makes you think, it messes with your head, and it has a great story. The 2nd game is my favorite because of the monsters (pyramid head) and I think the story of this game is my favorite.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I swear we have a thread like this already...
  • leilahh
    leilahh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My favorite game ever is The Hobbit (2003). I loved that game so damn much! I played it 100% on both Gamecube and Xbox, and can still find pleasure in playing it even now. I don't know what it was about that game, but it was so much fun and one of the only games I ever cared about completing 100%.
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to pinpoint just one for me.....but I absolutely love the Half-Life series! The storyline and gameplay is awesome. Gordon Freeman is the man!
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    I swear we have a thread like this already...
    Screw it, new year thread!

Silent Hill 1
    Scared the poo outta me as a kid, but i got thrilled from how intense it was! It scared me even while gaming during the day! I musta been like 7 or 8 years old, its been a couple years since i played it, but ive eaten it everywhich way. Seen it all, and it still gives me goosebumps. Not even blocky graphics get in the way of this one, some people hate the angles, movement, etc. im a believer.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I loved Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast. It was called Jet Set Radio over here but I had US version as I got it on import. I still wish I had a dreamcast just to play that game *sigh*

Also loved Flashback on Megadrive/SNES (although it was better on Megadrive).

Ecstatica on PC years and years ago was one of my favourites. Really scary, but I know if I saw it now the clumsy polygons would annoy me.

Best FPS ever was Alien vs Predator on Atari Jaguar. You get used to aliens running around and knowing you can easily shoot them. 2/3 of the way through the game you step out of the elevator on level 5 and hear a whispered "anytime" from an apparently empty dark room. I still get goosebumps now :noway:

ETA: X-Com Enemy Unknown on playstation(Think I had it on playstation 1, I know I had it on PC) loved the alien invasions and also Syndicate was a brilliant game.

Oh there's so many!
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ive gotta go with Lufia 2 for the SNES.

i love the story even though you know how it ends it was just so dramatic to me. also the big *kitten* cave with 99 levels in it was alot of fun
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a tough one... Off the top of my head, games I have thoroughly enjoyed and spent hundreds of hours of game time include Sim City 1, 2, and 3; Civilization 1, 2, 4, and 5, the Worldwide Soccer/Football Manager Series, Balance of Power, Everquest, the first Zelda, Bubble Bobble, Super Mario Brothers 2 and 3, the original Metal Gear, Pac Man, and original Grand Theft Auto.

If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with Everquest, not sure I've ever been more into a game as I was with Everquest from 2001-2005 or so. So much I am redownloading it now.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    For me, it's easily the Mass Effect series. I've played the games over and over again, read the novels, read the comics, hell I even read the codex entries in each game. I am worried about talks of a Mass Effect movie though. Movies based on games always flop.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Movies based on games always flop.

for an example of this see Max Payne
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options

Dune is another.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wow, tough to pic one favorite game.

Ones that stand out for me are Sea Battle (Intellivision game), Shining Force, Metal Gear Solid (loved, loved it!), Gran Turismo, Battlefield 2, Oblivion (and now Skyrim), and the Dragon Age series (so far).
  • qristina
    Options
    It's gotta be Metroid for SNES. I still play it every couple of months. It's quick, awesome music, searching for hidden items is exciting, getting powerups is exciting. And there is always something wonderful about SNES graphics. But Zelda, Link to the Past is a very close second!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever play that Clay game, The Neverhood? Loved that game :')

Favourite game though, has to be Wild Arms
  • ooOOooGravy
    Options

Dune is another.

Some have done "OK". Resident Evil series, although I only liked the first, have done well, but prob as its a zombie movie above all else, who knows. I personally enjoyed the Final Fantasy films, not sure how they went with the public though.

Can't think of any other movies from games...

Oh I used to watch the sonic series when I was younger lol
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The game I played the longest (2 years in leagues) was the original Team Fortress (the one that was a mod of quake 1).
    I also love the Total War series, the original Medivel Total War was my favorite.
    Half-Life 2 is another favorite, ooooooh and Portal!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Dune is another.

Some have done "OK". Resident Evil series, although I only liked the first, have done well, but prob as its a zombie movie above all else, who knows. I personally enjoyed the Final Fantasy films, not sure how they went with the public though.

Can't think of any other movies from games...

Oh I used to watch the sonic series when I was younger lol

Doom... was pretty tragic, but I love Dwayne :)

I liked Advent Children, thought it was awesome