Holidays

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I successfully made it out of Thanksgiving without gaining anything. I enjoyed the foods I love but reasonably. I am really very proud of myself for getting through it unharmed!! It really is all about balance and using common sense. I love this new lifestyle and I will NEVER go back!

Replies

• coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    As I was hanging out on the low end of my maintenance weight, Thanksgiving was a real fun Holiday for me. I ate an drank whatever I wanted and ended up at my ideal weight on Sunday (135). Of course, this morning, I was down to 132.8 again. I don't mind staying in the 133-138 range. But I do feel that my face looks better and I have more energy at 135+. I'm a little taller than most of you (5 81/2), so I don't look great under 134 pounds. Some days I struggle to reach my maintenance calories. But gaining in a slow, healthy way, is just as challenging as losing the pounds. When I focus on my goals and concentrate, I seem to be able to reach the calories without going over on sugar, fats and/or sodium. That sodium really is annoying! Glad you did well, Ladybg. You have done a great job!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    As I was hanging out on the low end of my maintenance weight, Thanksgiving was a real fun Holiday for me. I ate an drank whatever I wanted and ended up at my ideal weight on Sunday (135). Of course, this morning, I was down to 132.8 again. I don't mind staying in the 133-138 range. But I do feel that my face looks better and I have more energy at 135+. I'm a little taller than most of you (5 81/2), so I don't look great under 134 pounds. Some days I struggle to reach my maintenance calories. But gaining in a slow, healthy way, is just as challenging as losing the pounds. When I focus on my goals and concentrate, I seem to be able to reach the calories without going over on sugar, fats and/or sodium. That sodium really is annoying! Glad you did well, Ladybg. You have done a great job!

I'm 5'10 and weigh 125. I was hoping that I would gain a little bit since I am also at the low end of maintenance but, it did not happen. I'm ok with that, since I was terrified I would gain the 30 pounds back that I've lost.