Weight gain during Push?

Options
Since about the second week of Push, I've had a gain of six pounds. Not really a biggie in my book because my measurements aren't increasing (some decreasing) and I'm pushing myself to failure by the sixth rep. I know the heavier weightlifting is keeping those lovely tears in our muscles, thus holding water, but just curious if others have experienced this and did you notice a decrease once you hit the Lean phase?

Replies

• KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Heather, I am in the Burn Phase, week 3, but I have gained 3 lbs. I have not been eating the best, but I still stay under my recommended calories. Since have tripled the amount of exercise I do weekly, my body may be trying to adjust to all the changes. On the positive side, I keep raising the amount of weights I lift!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes! And also some very lovely muscle tone too!!
  • xXHeatherRaeXx
    xXHeatherRaeXx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, girls!! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

My daughter snapped a picture of me when I was working out (I didn't know until seeing it on facebook...argh), but was THRILLED to see a difference in my shoulders and a bit of the back arm horseshoe shape popping through. It's changes like that that really keep me pushing no matter what!
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    thanks for posting! I am doing Push phase right now and trying not to focus on my scale/measurements but no weight loss or decrease in measurements in weeks, duh

I am also seeing so much great lean muscle tone that I am not freakin out, but still nice to see I am not alone and it is all part of the master plan, mawahahahha :)