Weighing In

Options
How often do you weigh yourself and/or input your weight on MFP?

I was planning on only weighing myself once per week so I wouldn't get obsessed with my weight and start weighing myself multiple times per day. However, now I don't know if I can wait that long. Maybe I will weigh myself every 3 or 4 days so I can see my progress (or lack thereof) sooner and adjust my food intake and exercise accordingly.

Replies

• morganalefay66
    morganalefay66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once a week for the reasons you mentioned and I've read that weighing oneself once a week at the same time of day (before breakfast for me) will give the most accurate estimate of actual weight loss, as opposed to weighing oneself daily or irregularly.
  • cris00
    cris00 Posts: 13
    Options
    Every day at the same time. Then I take the weekly average.
  • mjsmith1223
    Options
    Once a week for me. Wednesday nights at approximately 9 p.m. Not the optimal time of day, but as long as I'm consistent it's comparable over time.
  • TeriSue88
    Options
    I typically try to weigh myself every Monday morning before breakfast.....not always good for the ego but somethings got to get me motivated!!
  • Kristyle_S
    Kristyle_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Ideally Friday mornings right after I get up. I am trying to lose weight, but I figure it doesn't do any good to obsess over it - and I know myself well enough to know that I will if given the opportunity. I don't have a specific end-date in mind, so as long as I'm generally going down so that I'm getting healthier I should be happy.
  • carrascoshannon
    Options
    Once a week...was typically Tuesday mornings, but I've been too scared to get on the scale since the last weight loss challenge ended :/ I will start tomorrow. I'm sure it won't be pretty, but it's time to face the music...I may even have to change my weight on here :gulp: I was just estimating.
  • ZackCB
    Options
    I just started this yesterday so I will wait until Monday to weigh myself. Hopefully the Monday weigh ins will keep me on track through the weekends.
  • Zoekat05
    Zoekat05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I may weigh myself more frequently, but I'll probably only record once or twice per week. Otherwise there are just too many daily fluctuations due to hydration level, sodium intake etc. and it gets frustrating
  • Puddlz1
    Puddlz1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day, after my morning run and before breakfast. Made me feel better. :-) However, I'm not liking the number on the scale these days, and even though it's just a number...it's still in my face. So, I'm going to the "once a week" torture of getting on the scale. Not much to lose, but enough to make the clothes fit better. My big thing is that I just want to tone up. No more jiggle wiggle!
  • smarterblonde
    smarterblonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    every morning. pre-workout. post...errrrr...poo.
  • Mrsdjd
    Mrsdjd Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This would be me. I don't even own scales, I may take measurements or something.
  • daisymae25
    daisymae25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every couple of weeks, usually after I "get rid of" my first cup of coffee.
  • i_will2
    Options
    Saturday mornings. I have a cheat meal Saturday night and usually takes a couple days to get back down.
  • IronDeli
    Options
    I haven't weighed in for a while, but I'm going to on Sunday morning, and then every Sunday morning from there on out
  • laurenbn1
    Options
    Everyday, but I don't freak if I'm up a pound or three. I just watch the trend and freak if it's consistently going up. :P