Introductions

Options
ironband
ironband Posts: 157 Member
Hi all,

This thread is so we can get to know each other. Feel free to post an introduction of yourself...when you started MFP, what your goals are, what motivates you, etc.

I suppose I'll start.

My name is Andre, and I started MFP in June 2011 at a starting weight of 260.5 lbs. My wife and I were looking at the calendar and realized that our twenty year high school reunion is coming up in 2012, and decided that we needed to be fit and fabulous by then. She started Weight Watchers, and I, being a cheapskate, started MFP.

My current goal is to get down to 210 lbs and back into my 36" waist pants. Almost there!

For exercise I enjoy running, elliptical, and EA Sports Active 2 (though in the last few weeks exercise has been lacking...)

Thanks and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

Andre

Replies

• tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm Christy. I have been around MFP since around 2007 but deleted my username/account after my divorce in 2008 and came back to MFP in 2011.

Originally, I used MFP to lose the weight after my 2nd child (she was 5)! Flash forward....post divorce....new husband....3RD CHILD...and I'm back! I'm about 12 from my ULTIMATE goal but only a few pounds from my "prebaby" weight.

I also have my 20 year reunion coming up in October 2012!

I love weighing in on Tuesdays. Yesterday I clocked in at 137.4. I'm 5'1" and 37 years old. I'm a college instructor.

I'm currently working out at the gym 5-6 days a week focusing mostly on strength training/toning.

Glad to find you!
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello,

I'm Brandi, I'm 23. I started using this last Monday on Nov. 21st after hearing people saying they love the app. At this current time i am somewhere between 160 and 165lbs and i'm 5'3. I want to be about 140-145lb, which i believe is a reasonable weight for me.

I'm pretty active, i do 4 days a week for about an hour with karate...it's more like Mixed Marital Arts (MMA) than karate. Lots of kicking, punching, take downs...things like that. Always moving, never really taking breaks during it. I also just got an x-box kinect and do a lot of those fast pace games. I also play a lot of wii games to keep me moving around (wii sports, active, lots of hockey (which mainly works your arms and waist...lots of twisting with the hockey stick.))

I've been in sports almost my whole life so i have learned to live with the idea that i will never be a little twig unless i let every muscle i have go away. I at least want to get down to wearing a size 6 or close to it...i'm at a 9-10 right now.

My motivation to lose the weight is that by next summer I want to be able to dress up as a character for a convention and actually look the way the character is suppose to look. And then i just want to be the best me i can be and be healthy. I don't have a scale that works at my house so i will be weighing myself at karate and posting it after. I forgot to do it yesterday so i will do it tonight and post it.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

I'm Kathy, my sister told me about this site a few days ago and I just joined and so far loving it. I need something and people to keep me real. I'll be weighing in on Tuesday's since that was my initial weigh-in. It may change but not until I drop a bit of weight first.

My goals to lose weight are many, from clothes to health and I know it's a life style change and that's how I'm approaching it.

I'm a bit active but I do put in little workouts and once I start moving I'll keep pushing myself further with that.

I love to eat..but the good thing is I love "good for you foods" as well as NOT good for you foods so my taste buds don't go haywire on me!

Good LUCK to us all!!!
    K
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    Hellooo!

My name is Louise, 24yrs old from the sunny UK.
    I re-started my weight loss a week ago and lost 4lbs in my initial week!
    I weighed in at 142lbs this week and am looking to lose another 15lbs between now and Feb next year - Valentines day is my goal!
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Courtney. I am 29 and I started MFP on October 23, 2011 after my husband found some amazing weight-loss success stories on Reddit. He was so motivated by the stories and pictures that he couldn't wait to show me when I got home. He motivated me and we started planning all the things we would do once we finally lost the weight we had been slowly packing on over the years. When I started MPF I was at 232lbs. I had gotten up to about 250 when I was pregnant with my daughter. She is 7 months old now so she is my biggest motivation right now. I want to be able to do all the fun things she wants to do as she grows up. I don't want my weight or my stamina to hold me back from running and playing with her. I was not concerned about my weight prior to her. I was happily married and didn't feel that my weight held me back much. But things are different now and I want better for my daughter than to have 2 fat lazy parents! My husband and I are working hard on reaching our goal weight this year. I have already lost about 17 pounds and my husband has lost about 14. I try to get to the gym 3-5 times a week for cardio and strength training but it can be hard with work and the baby. My goal is to get down to about 165 and re-evaluate things once I am there. I just really want to be fit and energetic!
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm back after a couple months 'haitus' Thanks for inviting me in Andre.

Started on here last May, turned 50 last June. Lost 28 pounds before my son's wedding in Sept. That put me within about 5 to 6 pounds of my ultimate goal which I was creeping even closer to until .....

The holidays came ......... actually I've done pretty good, I'm still at the 28 pounds down, and now I have to get my hiney in gear and get those last five pesky pounds off and get back to the gym. Gym time has been at a premium lately as I have been caring for my great-niece (3 yrs old) a lot of the time. My gym doesn't have a play area, so no 3 yr olds allowed. ;-)

Though I had planned not to have to make a lose weight resolution this year, I'm happy to be only having to make it to lose FIVE pounds - and to maintain that throughout the year(s) to come. I can do that!

I'm an avid reader, bought a Nook a few months ago and use it while I'm on the treadmill and/or bike/elliptical. It makes the time pass faster and keeps me from looking at the clock the whole time I'm 'walking'.

Looking forward to getting back on track and reporting in every Tuesday.

Today I'm at an even 140.
  • jtskinner1010
    Options
    Hey. :D

I've been on MFP for a while but haven't really been paying attention to it much because I started during the second trimester of my first pregnancy. Now that Baby is almost three weeks old and I am almost cleared to start exercising again, I'm back. :D

I think today will be my first official weigh-in. At my heaviest, I was 135 lbs. I hoping to lose at lest the 40 lbs. I gained.