introduce ourselves?

Options
MrsJackieH
MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
Helllo :)

Im 21 years old, i just got married this year, and i think im more productive with my workouts when i get up early and do them!! i work doing loss prevention so being in good shape is a part of my job and i need to get back to it!!

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog every morning and sometimes we add running intervals for exercise too! Whenever I'm up earlier, I try to do a workout video before the walk/run. Hoping to start getting up around 6am for workouts (I can't imagine trying any earlier!).

Curious what other people here do for exercise.

I only use my phone app at that time of day, so what's best for checking in?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am Julie.
    Ohio!!!
    I have the worst time trying to get up earlier then usual.
    I hope this helps because Id really love to be pushed to get a work out in, in the am
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I only use my phone app at that time of day, so what's best for checking in?
    [/quote]

I dont know how to check into groups on my phone, so I will never actually check in at 530am, I dont use the actual app until I get to work at 7am
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hello -- my name is Lynn and I live in Richmond, VA. As I said in my post, I will only be able to walk for now as I took a tumble this past weekend and either broke or bruised my ribs -- had x-rays taken at my doctor's office yesterday. I am very excited to be in this group and hoping this is what it will take to get my backside up and exercising. :-)

Good luck to everyone.
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Hello all, thanks for joining! My name is Stacey, I am 29, and I love to sleep! As soon as my husband leaves in the morning, all I want to do is climb back into bed. Unfortunately, I have found that if I don't work out in the morning, I don't work out all day, so I NEED to do it in the morning. I am so glad that you are all interested in helping each other out! Please feel free to give me a hard time if I haven’t checked in each morning!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm Nicole, and I'm Julie's cousin. I don't log on until I get to work in the mornings, but I'm getting up at 5 AM to start working out before I head out for work.
    :)
  • Aclemens21
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Abbey and I'm 20, from Ohio!!! I will be working out in the morning right after i get home from work, I work 3rd shift (yuck). I am starting Insanity tomorrow, wish me luck!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Everyone.

My name is Monica and I've been doing early AM workouts for a few months now. I get up @ 4am, drink a cup of coffee, set my playlist, get a HUGE glass of water and get to it!

My typical AM workout consists of the following:

5-10 min cardio warm up
    Free weights (3 days a week)
    Cardio and/or cool down
    Stretch

I lift 3-4 days a week, cardio only on the days I don't lift. It took me about 1-2 weeks to acclimate to getting up earlier and working out before work. Now if I don't workout I feel sluggish and tired all day.

A couple of things that keep me motivated for my early AM workout, is I make sure my shoes & workout gear (sports bra, workout pants, HRM) are laid out the night before. I do have a few comfy tshirts that I use as workout gear and do sleep in them (takes less time to get ready for my AM workout). I also have a couple of alarms set in the event I turn off the alarm in my sleep (which I've been known to do). LOL

Hope everyone has a great day/week!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    I hope to see everyone tomorrow morning! Keep up the good work!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hello to everyone! We have all (well, most of us) been slacking a bit with the morning work-outs, who is still with me?!