Inspiring Quotes

StacySkinny
StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
"Permanent weight loss must first begin inside of us, before the external results show up. Changing your body alone creates temporary results - but once you make the internal changes as well, you are changed forever". ~ Craig Townsend

Replies

• MDVOID
    MDVOID Posts: 45 Member
    All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. -Samuel Beckett
  • It is hard to change you train of thought about yourself, I usually don't judge others at all. When it comes to myself however, I hurt my own feelings worse than any one has ever.
  • StacySkinny
    "When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world."
  • StacySkinny
    1. You've come to far in life to take orders from a cookie
    2. Don't give up what you want most for something you want at the moment.
    3. Eat to live, but don't live to eat
    4. If it was easy, everyone would be thin
    5. I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday
    6. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
    7. Be like a postage stamp...stick with it until you get there
    8. The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow
    9. Craving is only a feeling
    10. Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better
    11. The secret of success is the consistency to pursue.
    12. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
  • StacySkinny
    Feeling healthy and feeling good about yourself is not a luxury - it's an absolute necessity.
  • StacySkinny
    A winner makes commitments to a goal,
    a loser makes promises.
  • StacySkinny
    "The greatest wealth is health."
    ~ Virgil
  • StacySkinny
    "Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles,
    and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well.
    Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
    ~ Brian Tracy
  • StacySkinny
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits."
    – Thomas A. Edison
  • StacySkinny
    "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • StacySkinny
    "Everyone has inside him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't yet realise how great you can be! How much you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" - Anne Frank
  • StacySkinny
    "Don't focus on yesterday's screw up, or even last hour's. Focus on next hour's small victories, and tomorrows successes. Every moment is an opportunity to start fresh." ~StacySkinny (Oh hey, that's me lol :P)
  • StacySkinny
    Whatever you say you are, you prove yourself right. So start staying that you are active, motivated, and strong. Because in the end you are what you think and say you are.
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Whatever you say you are, you prove yourself right. So start staying that you are active, motivated, and strong. Because in the end you are what you think and say you are.

I am healthy. I am happy. I am moving.
  • StacySkinny
    Reclaim Power
    Only you can make this happen. Act as if your life depends on meeting your weekly goals. It feels great to be in control!

Persist
    You can't fail unless you quit. Feeling frustrated? Make sure you are not under-eating, over-exercising, or expecting too much from the scale each week.

Believe
    With the right mindset, you can overcome any excuse—from injuries to metabolism to medications. Focus on the things that are in your control.

Look Ahead
    Clearly plan each day ahead and think about WHAT you will eat and WHEN you will eat your meals and snacks.

Give Up Guilt
    Nothing's worse than working hard on your program and having a treat followed by guilt. Take responsibility for your choices and don't play the guilt game.

(From Coach Yourself Thin by Greg Hottinger and Michael Scholtz)
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    " "The start of the race is not the end of the race"
    "Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts""
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Thank you Stacy for posting. Don't look back, you cannot change what is done, what is done is done!! (me overweight) now work on eliminating the problem. Reclaim Power, Persist, Believe & Look ahead..........