Looking for a local fitness buddy

Options
Rydell86
Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
Hey all,

As you may have seen in the location thread, I'm living in Meadowbank, Sydney, but working in Penrith. This creates a lot of challenges for me, particularly when it comes to finding time to exercise. I find by the time I come home from work, I'm too tired to exercise, unless I have a reason to do it (eg someone is waiting on me to come with them). So, I'm looking for a fitness buddy. If you go to V and R Fitness, even better, since my membership is for there. Otherwise if you want to walk beside the river and do some work down at the park, that's good too.

Reply if you're interested! Maybe if we find enough people nearby, we could get one of the boot camp groups to set up a class here and really make it worth our while!

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    why don't you ask someone that you work with to go for a walk with you.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind one of these too! I need someone to spot me at the gym. I live in Brisbane though
  • Rydell86
    Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mmk, I'd love to, but unfortunately none of them have the time. And it would be easier for it to be someone closer to home rather than work. Yes, I'm being difficult. :-)

HonkyTonks, good luck. Hope you find somebody. :-)
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind one of these too! I need someone to spot me at the gym. I live in Brisbane though
    Which gym??? :)
  • HonkyTonks
    Options
    I'm at Jetts these days, in Goodna, but probably going to change because they have no classes and I need some Les Mills in my life!
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Poo, I'm with Snap (at Forest Lake) - they have some classes, but no les mills :p
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I go to Jetts, sometimes booval and sometimes Jindalee and Taringa. I love being able to go after my little one has gone to sleep and when there are no boys in the gym. Ima stick with it :)
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I used to live at Forest Lake. Snap Fitness replaced Total Fitness Forest Lake... I think my old PT works there - Liam. He is quite good (as far as PTs go). Otherwise running around the lake used to be my favourite thing to do... I am back up there for Xmas/New Years and late January as well so will look at running around the lake a fair bit then... or attempt to get a casual pass to Snap (but don't think they do casual visits)...
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Aww, your trainer must've moved on as there's no Liam at snap.. I don't think they do casual passes but you can always "try it for free" because, yanno, you're trying to work out what gym to join. :p
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    haha true... otherwise I'll have to go to FLF but it's always so busy there... grrrr... Damn... Not sure where Liam is anymore then sorry. can't offer you can other advice with FL stuff. I'm hoping I can get some good runs in around the lake and see how my fitness is going :) xmas is a bad time to try and get fit and healthy.. all this yummy food!!!
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    Gosh all you ladies live so close to me!!

I used to live in Forest Lake, used to go to FLF, but I now live in Redbank Plains.....there is a gym 2 minutes from me on Redbank Plains Rd.

Honky Tonk, if we are so close, we should walk together! I am not a member of a gym, don't have the money to be honest!
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Roblyssa, Lifestyle? There's a good chance i'll be moving right nearby and changing gyms :)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Too bad I'm a guy !
  • Roblyssa
    Options
    Yes, Lifestyle! Right across the road from Dan Murphy's.

Never been there though.

Kellie
  • HonkyTonks
    Options

Never been there though.

Kellie

Thinking about joining Lifestyles because it has classes but currently at Jetts Goodna gym
  • Nikki582
    Options

Never been there though.

Kellie

Thinking about joining Lifestyles because it has classes but currently at Jetts Goodna gym
    Classes AND you can pay extra ($2/week) for a 24 hour chip. And a POOL! A POOL! (Little bit excited about the impending move.. maybe)
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Too bad I'm a guy !
    If you were near me you'd totally be my gym buddy!
  • HonkyTonks
    Options

Never been there though.

Kellie

Classes AND you can pay extra ($2/week) for a 24 hour chip. And a POOL! A POOL! (Little bit excited about the impending move.. maybe)

A pool would be awesome, I'd love to incorporate swimming into my fitness routine. I am definitely going to look into Lifestyles :) And I miss Body Pump, Body Combat & Body Step a lot, love to do it again
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    In Feb I'll start working out at Penrith.
  • Roblyssa
    Options
    I might check out the 24 hour aspect of that gym.

That would be handy, but I won't tend to go on my own. :blushing: