DECEMBER CHALLENGE

Replies

• stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Due to this ongoing scare (another scan today) I'm on couch rest so,uhm, no squats for me. I had a strawberry banana smoothie so that is 2 servings and I read 30 minutes of Gone With The Wind which is my favourite novel (but left it on my desk when wisked to hospital so have to start another book on the couch tomorrow). You are all doing so well and Becky, I am loving this challenge, just wish I was in a position to be a smidge bit more active!!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Steph take are of yourself and get a lot of rest.

Didnt do the challenge today...just couldn't get into it. :sad:
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Due to this ongoing scare (another scan today) I'm on couch rest so,uhm, no squats for me. I had a strawberry banana smoothie so that is 2 servings and I read 30 minutes of Gone With The Wind which is my favourite novel (but left it on my desk when wisked to hospital so have to start another book on the couch tomorrow). You are all doing so well and Becky, I am loving this challenge, just wish I was in a position to be a smidge bit more active!!

Only do what you can! That's an order from all your SC Sisters! LOL.

I am glad to hear that people are liking this... I am too! It helps me to stay focused on specific tasks each day. I needed to refocus so this is good.

Keep it up everyone!
  • steph take care of yourself!

calf raises - i'm still going to do them, i know it's a daily challenge but still catching up from the first 4 days i missed
    bilateral supermans after school drop off - first time for me!

enjoying the challenge!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Had 2 portions of blueberries and an apple. Did my wall thingummies. Rebelled against the trashy magazine, as I really hate them and they wind me up, but I did read some of my trashy novel, does that count?
  • stephaniezoundi
    Well I'm done today's challenge!
    I actually got 70+ grams of protein :bigsmile: I wanted to do the bilateral supermans but refrained. However the hands in cold water was surprisingly nice and took my headache away (which I will take as not taking any pain meds!). Hope you are all having great days! :flowerforyou:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,894 Member
    Well, did not get in the extra protein. Only was +1. Did the bilateral supermans (after I looked them up) and put hands in hot water. I am feeling pretty good today. Carla
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    done done and done woo! (i had to look up bilateral supermans but I did them)
  • Ziggie13
    done done and done woo! (i had to look up bilateral supermans but I did them)

I didn't know what it was either.

Protein - done
    Superman - done
    Hands in water - done
  • oh protein, my nemesis . i may or may not have as my morning granola (which is seed and nut heavy) isn't officially logged as nutrition just as calories - so i'm not taking the points

very hard for this vegetarian to reach that kind of protein! i did have the bean/tvp heavy veggie chilli for dinner last nite and everything!

i havent done the supermen yet, but i'm going to do them tomorrow, as it's not going to happen today....although bicep curls were done while i was on my Gazelle this morning (i multi-task)

i just made the most delicious rissotto - then looked up and tried to figure out calories for my giant portion - i may be wrong, but it could have been 800 calories??? i actually only had 500 calories prior to dinner, but it just seems so wrong! it was good though :laugh:

editing to say - my weightloss counter always bumps it to next number up when i'm at the 1/2 mark - which is deceiving even to me!! i'm only at 73.5 74.5 is half way!! so close!
  • stephaniezoundi
    foot reflexology?????????????????????????????
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,894 Member
    http://www.life123.com/health/massage-bodywork/reflexology/reflexology-techniques-self-reflexology.shtml

I found this website and am going to try this tonight when I get out of the hot tub. Take a look. I am not sure if this is what Becky had in mind, but it looks like it should feel good. :flowerforyou:
  • Ziggie13
    veggi / fruit Done
    bicep curl done
    foot reflexology done - just did a foot massage does that count?
  • lombrica
    Ugh! Seriously... did I miss yesterday posting and today? I was so excited to talk about reflexology... am headed to my actual computer now. Woops! Sorry guys...
  • lombrica
    Woops... I am really sorry that I have missed out on the last two days. I flew back and am home. Went into work that same day, did a bit of errands/shopping. Full work day today with a slight bit of shopping (no luck on finding what I was looking for!). Came home to ice my leg several times. Not sure what's up with my shin -- but hoping to have it be on the mend. I am gonna get back in here though - I know that I do better when I am around!

THURSDAY'S CHALLENGES:

Nutrition: Thirsty Thursday! Drink that water... I read once that for weight loss - you should drink half your body weight in ounces. So, a person who weighs 200 pounds should drink 100 ounces/day, a person who weighs 250 should drink 125, etc. Not sure I can drink as many ounces as that wouuld mean for me... but I do know that when I am drinking water I am releasing more of those pounds out to the universe!

Fitness: Knee In & Outs or Tucks. For a video check out http://www.ehow.com/video_4945637_knees-out-exercises.html. These are great for your lower abs and hips! Basically the move is tucking your body and stretching it out. May be trickier than it appears because I am reading that it's "intermediate level"... let's see what everyone thinks, I don't believe I have done this one before.

Self-Care: Buy yourself flowers! OK, OK... this is much like the "trashy magazine" self-care. It doesn't need to be flowers, just take a few dollars/euros and buy yourself something that is just simply to be nice to yourself and to enjoy. It can NOT be purposeful or "useful" and "practical." Rather - it's just something fun to enjoy. Maybe a book, a candle, flowers, a special drink or "treat." Just something to be nice to yourself... can't think of what -- try flowers! This is about remembering to take care of ourselves. So many of us are caretakers by nature and neglect ourselves. So - today is about treating ourselves to something special. Pay close attention to how you feel about it, how much thought it takes, etc. Would you have spent that much time debating if it was a gift for someone else?

Good Luck and Happy Thirsty Thursday to you all!
  • lombrica
    BTW: What did everyone think about the Supermans? I did these for another challenge... thought it seemed ridiculous only to find that I loved it! Forgot about continuing to do these... until thinking of what to have for fitness challenges this month.

My thought?!? You are ALL SUPERWOMEN... and now, you were gently nudged to really feel like it! :wink: :laugh:
  • ok, still havent done the supermans - but i will!!!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    bump

Pam
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Yesterday
    Vege / friot Done
    bicep curls done
    foot reflexology done - partner gave me a foot rub... ?

Today
    Drank 12 glasses of water
    Did the exercise
    Bought myself a lovely fountain pen.
  • Ziggie13
    Water - 1
    exercise - 0
    Gift for myself -0