Progress Thread

Options
thetiwi1890
thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
Hey guys!

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where people can post their progress in losing their last 10 lbs, whether it be a scale-based or non-scale victory!
Post your successes (however big or small) and tips and tricks for the rest of the group!

Feel free to post whenever, and it may be a great conversation-starter!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    well I have had an interesting few weeks.
    before thanksgiving i had my lowest weigh in (129.6) and then thanksgiving and the week after i gained 2 lb and back up to 131.6 the sunday after thanksgiving. I am finally back down to 129.8 but i have a goal of 127 and not sure what will happen in the next few weeks.

here is what I learned:
    i upped my calories to about 1600-1700 the entire week of thanksgiving and sure enough i gained. i only skipped exercise on thanksgiving. just this fri and saturday (12/2 and 12/3) i lowered to 1250 for a few days (kind of a mini cleanse) and drank ridiculous amounts of water. then on sunday 12/4 i got a weight of 129.8... either a lot of sodium or who knows?
    Now, on the week of 12/4 went back up to 1450 again which is what i'm doing the rest of the week. i think i was trying to adjust my calories too fast as i approached maintenance. i was doing about 1450 the week i had a good weigh in, and thought it wouldn't harm me during thanksgiving week to bump it up again. i find i was wrong.

now i am trying to devise a plan... i think i will stay around 1450 until i acheive 127 which is my goal.
    then i wanted to increase slowly, maybe even just 50 calories a day (so up to 1500) for a week and just see how that week goes.
    if i can continue maintaining or if i continue to lose weight, i was going to increase to 1550 then the next week to 1600, and so on if things go well.
    just kind of scared what will happen if i do it too fast.
    it seems like a low number of calories for maintenance but i dont' want all the hard work i did to end up disappearing over the holidays.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    My success is that I have:

- made every single work-out I have scheduled over the last 3 weeks (and that meant 5 or 6 times a week I have exercised).
    - cut down my late-night snacking to nearly nil. My goal for December is fewer than 8 nights and, hopefully around 5 (knowing that xmas is in there and some indulgence is permissible).
    - raised my calories (because I am weight-training) and not seen any increase in my scale number.

:)
  • thetiwi1890
    Options
    Maureen: Congrats on the loss, that's fantastic! I know, when so much is changed (upping calories, thanksgiving etc.) it's hard to know what's working. Your plan of 1450 until you reach 127, and then slowly upping sounds perfect. Best of luck with your continued hard work and success.

Beeps: I love your successes! Especially the sticking with exercise, and reducing late night snacking....both of which I need to do! They're awesome successes, keep up the good work!

Well done both of you!

• MJ7910
    Options
    Maureen: Congrats on the loss, that's fantastic! I know, when so much is changed (upping calories, thanksgiving etc.) it's hard to know what's working. Your plan of 1450 until you reach 127, and then slowly upping sounds perfect. Best of luck with your continued hard work and success.

Beeps: I love your successes! Especially the sticking with exercise, and reducing late night snacking....both of which I need to do! They're awesome successes, keep up the good work!

Well done both of you!

yes i have learned maintenance is not as easy as it seems and it's important to not adjust calories too fast as you approach it. someone else on MFP told me to increase calories by 150 a day and i think that was too much for me. i think 50 a day is probably sufficient until i find the right level.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I was at 142-145lbs over the summer. I was reckless and bored. I drank all summer and ate disgusting fast food afterwards probably 4 or 5 days a week. I'm now down to 134.5 as of today. I drastically reduced the fast food and drinking, I've also been exercising most days of the week and have seen some awesome changes in my body. I still hate my stomach, but I can tell less of it is there and on my love handles. I couldn't handle eating what MFP wanted, because I think I have a lot more resting tone than most people, so I upped my numbers. I average 1800-2100 calories a day (1600-1700 on days I don't workout) and this seems to be working slowly but surely. If I could reduce my sodium I'm sure I'd be retaining a lot less water. I want to reduce my bodyfat % more than the actual weight, but I think it's more motivating to reach after a number, so I'm going for 124lb by April 1st. :)
  • MJ7910
    Options
    I was at 142-145lbs over the summer. I was reckless and bored. I drank all summer and ate disgusting fast food afterwards probably 4 or 5 days a week. I'm now down to 134.5 as of today. I drastically reduced the fast food and drinking, I've also been exercising most days of the week and have seen some awesome changes in my body. I still hate my stomach, but I can tell less of it is there and on my love handles. I couldn't handle eating what MFP wanted, because I think I have a lot more resting tone than most people, so I upped my numbers. I average 1800-2100 calories a day (1600-1700 on days I don't workout) and this seems to be working slowly but surely. If I could reduce my sodium I'm sure I'd be retaining a lot less water. I want to reduce my bodyfat % more than the actual weight, but I think it's more motivating to reach after a number, so I'm going for 124lb by April 1st. :)

how tall are you? i was thinking of adjusting to a lower weight but it all depends on what my body fat percentage actually is. if it's high, i can probably lose a little more weight and then once that weight is gone, work on upping protein and gaining muscle. if it's low, i'll stop at 125. i am 5'4"
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My progress over the last couple of months has been good! I thought I would list my calorie intake stats to see it broken down. I have been aiming for 1800 gross calories a day.

Based on Katch Mcardle
    TDEE = About 2100 – 2300 maintenance calories

I have eaten the following amount of calories:

1500 3 times
    1600 3 times
    1700 15 times
    1800 15 times
    1900 8 times
    2000 4 times
    2100 4 times
    2200 4 times
    2700 1 time

I am pretty happy with this although I would like to have eaten more between the 1700 - 1800 calorie range!

I have my appraisal on Monday and I'll find out how many centimetres I've lost. I've lost 1.5 kg, my clothes are looser and people have been commenting on how skinny I'm getting so I'm guessing the amount I have been eating has been doing the job, although I would still like to eat closer to 1800. Its hard though!

Anyone else wanna share their stats?

Its interesting to see it broken down isnt it!!

Hope to report back soon with good news from my appraisal!!

edited to say: I totally changed my exercise routine. I've been sprinting and have been doing a totally new weights routine. This has had an enormous impact I think.
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies!!

I signed up for 1 month worth of classes @ a training facility in my area. This week I made it to 4 classes plus 1 RIPPED class at the gym I go to regularly. The new classes are incredibly tough, and I love it.
    They are totally different than what I normally do and literally push me to/beyond my limits. I am hoping this is just what I need to shed the last few pounds!!!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have been up and down since Thanksgiving. Last week I switched up my diet and added more protein; and I also switched my settings to lose just .5 lb a week. I had been feeling really hungry and wanted some more calories to eat. This week I weighed in and I finally hit the 150s! I am very excited. These last pounds are going soooo slow. But, I am in hopes that losing it slowly means it's unlikely to come back.....right?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    This is all very good!
  • thetiwi1890
    Options
    missjoci: Great work! I can definitely relate. Our SW/CW and goals are almost identical, I'm sending you a friend request :flowerforyou:

Everyone else: I'm really happy that people seem to be progressing so well, it's very inspiring :) Keep up the good work everyone

:drinker:
  • thetiwi1890
    Options
    This is all very good!

100% Agreed!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The week before last weekend I was at my low weight (134).. well there were parties on both Friday and Saturday, and I held on to an excess 2-3 lbs almost the whole time!! Today I finally went down to 134.4 :)
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options

how tall are you? i was thinking of adjusting to a lower weight but it all depends on what my body fat percentage actually is. if it's high, i can probably lose a little more weight and then once that weight is gone, work on upping protein and gaining muscle. if it's low, i'll stop at 125. i am 5'4"

I'm about 5'5. I based my 124 off the body fat percentage I'd like to be at 14%. I figured it out with a formula I found on the internet and adjusted accordingly. I think 124 is still healthy. Anything under 115 goes on to be an unhealthy weight.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    wondering then if 122 would be about right for 5'4"... i don't want to be under 120.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Well, I'm 6 weeks into my strength-training shake-up, which means I started a NEW strength-routine, today!

So, I'm feeling every muscle (in my lower body), which is a good thing, I think!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have been completely MIA from this board since December because I was stuck big time. I have a goal weight of 145 and got down to 147 back in September. I was almost there! Then WHAM. A long, awful plateau. I zigged, I zagged, I increased exercise...nothing. October, November, December...147 pounds. Admittedly I upped my calories to maintenance from Thanksgiving through New Years so I could navigate the holidays unscathed. Once January came around, it was back to business and back to my 0.5 lb/week deficit. In the past two weeks, I have consistently been under 147, so I think I can say the plateau is officially broken. I was 145.6 last Friday, less than one pound from goal!

I have been working on the last ten pounds since July, and am coming up on my one year MFP anniversary next week. It has taken me almost a full year to lose 30 pounds...some people do that in a few months! I am hoping to be at my goal, just for number's sake at this point, in the next couple of weeks.

I never gave up, even though the scale didn't move for months, however I did feel like I had nothing to offer this group except my whining and complaining :wink: So I am back, re-energized, and here to cheer you all on (and myself!) to the finish line!
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    im down to the last 7lbs now/again! i lost the 7 i gained over the christmas month.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! Finally, almost one year exactly to the date, I achieved my goal. It took me 364 days to lose 30 pounds, and about 6 months (yes, SIX) to lose the last 10 pounds. I will still be here cheering everyone on and learning how to maintain!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Six months! That's good to know because I'm down to my last ten pounds and I was wondering how fast it would come off. The first 20 disappeared so fast I couldn't believe it but the last two have taken a month and a half. Now ten more and its a snails pace!
    Luckily, no real gains but its like pulling teeth at this point.