YouTube Instructional Videos on Lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I saw another series on youtube called "So you think you can squat" It was very helpful.
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    This is so helpful!
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    THANKS!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I was JUST thinking about the deadlifts that I have to do tomorrow (Workout B; stage 1) and was already growing concerned with being able to fully perform one. Last time I had some guys help me out, but they suggested the smith machine... which is apparently the root of all evil so says the youtube general public (i cant tell whether it's a good machine or a bad one anymore!). These videos definitely gave me some variety and helped clear up the confusion.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi,
    I just watched the all of the "So You Think You Can Squat" on youtube. These guys are training to lift super heavy, but I liked the idea of seeing the failure in your form as a sign of what muscles are weak.
    He recommends doing accessory exercises to help the squat performance. For example, if you are rounding your lower back you should work on "reverse hyper lumbar extension".
    My question is, have any of you doing the program ever used an accessory exercise to strengthen a weak muscle group to improve the squat or deadlift?
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I haven't used any accessory exercises for that reason, but I may look into it. I definitely have a weak lower back, and have a tendency to get muscle spasms on occasion (super painful!) I'll check out that video. Thanks!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have weak shoulders. Wonder what I would do for that...best side presses, which are the weakness. Looking for stage 3 videos now.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My question is, have any of you doing the program ever used an accessory exercise to strengthen a weak muscle group to improve the squat or deadlift?
    I haven't because I don't know if I have a particular weak muscle group. The program seems to hit all muscle groups and I'm able to increase my weights at a pretty good clip. I do extra core work because I know we use our core for just about every exercise and movement in daily life.
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    save
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    YES! Youtube is your friend! I always look up exercises on there!!
  • Annafly3
    Annafly3 Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I want to try the Turkish getup.. i always see it while on youtube checking exercises..
    I tried it in the gym once but pretty sure i did it wrong.. gotta master the movements first..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Q9mxjhMy8