Welome!

Options
2»

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this group! I've been in ketosis about 10 days now - getting a lot of flack from the "Calories In/Calories Out" people and those that want me to eat fruit and whole grains!! Please add me as a friend if you want to share food diaries.

I'm currently on 1300 calories a day, 62% fat, 25% protein and 13% carbs. I have a great dietician who is helping me work through it and tweak if I get stuck.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi All. A low carb lifestyle took me from my heaviest at 331 to my goal weight of 165. I got cocky and I lost my way and went back to carb binging and that led to weight gain up to 231.5. Since returning to MFP and a low carb approach on Dec. 2 I've lost 18 of those pounds and I feel great. I must confess not being well versed on Keto but I'm ready to learn and shed this weight and keep it off for good!!

Feel free to add me.

7838983.png
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for 2.5 weeks with my wife. I'm actually enjoying it. Prior to this we never cooked meals because we always ate separately.

<---Wife

LOVING keto. Yummy meals & weight loss? How can this be? :P
  • doomio
    doomio Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi...I found this group and this site through /r/keto and have good feelings about this diet. I've never dieted before or even really watched what I ate in terms of weight gain, only payed attention to nutrient density and if it tasted good. Being able to use high fat foods and vegetables seems like the perfect way to knock off some weight. Anyway I like to cook and with the help of Google searches for nutrition info I plan on making lots of good food that I will share here.

I started the diet this morning with a breakfast of two bavarian frankfurters (past expiration so needed to be breakfast or thrown away) in the really cool fried provolone cheese shell I found on reddit with sauerkraut and whole grain mustard! Hardest part about keto is going to be giving up the massive amount of ketchup I normally eat.
  • TinaB33
    Options
    I'm new here...just signed up today. Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! Do you mind sharing your daily eating plan? I've lost weight on low carb diets in the past...just curious what others include in theirs.

Thanks,
    Tina :)
  • ibwk
    ibwk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi,
    i started keto december 30, and ketosis kicked in january 2nd.

i've never dieted, because all the diets i found in magazines and internet seemed unreasonable. well, i still managed to "reasonably" starve myself for months, then binge, then starve again, then binge and binge and binge, so i ended up at 103 kilos. (220+lbs if i'm right). after completing eating disorders centre's programme 1.5 years ago, i didn't gain anymore weight, but didn't get any smaller, despite vigorous effort at the gym / watching calories, etc.

what i already like about keto:
    *already lost 2-3kgs of water weight. i'm not that bloated anymore.
    *i get to eat my favorite foods - meats, cheese, fish, heavy cream, add olive oil and butter while cooking.
    *absolutely no cravings, despite being way under calorie goal.

what i dislike about it:
    *beer (especially this strong sweet stout) is so hard to give up.
    *keto flu. i feel so sleepy all the time, and i sleep at inadequate hours. now it's 1:55 AM, and i just woke up.
  • ladysixstring
    Options
    Hardest part about keto is going to be giving up the massive amount of ketchup I normally eat.

there are no sugar added ketchups (heinz, presidents choice, etc.) that taste pretty close to the real thing
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For those wanting to know what people are eating. Friend some of your fellow ketoers and stalk their food diaries.
  • phantompenguins
    Options
    Hi! I started counting calories in November while doing research on keto and reading r/keto. I lost around 5 lbs this way, and then late November, early December, I started doing keto. I've lost 15lbs total so far. I love it! I don't consider it a "diet" so much as "eating the stuff I've always wanted to eat". Thanks to keto, I can do just that. I don't feel "heavy" or bloated after I eat, and my pants are starting to fall off of me. Having people ask me if I've lost weight and that I look good is amazing. Thanks, keto!

I've been trying to add people from this group, and if you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me!
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi! My husband and I have been on keto since April 20th, 2015. Together we've lost nearly 50 pounds since then. We do pretty strict keto 6 weeks at a time and then take a break weekend. It's been working very well. I blog about our keto experience over at www.getworkingsteph.com. Feel free to add me as a friend, I just recently re-started on MFP.