Weight gain on induction?!

Options
Im on Atkins induction and lost 6 pounds in the first two weeks, now on my third week i have now gained back 3 pounds! Any ideas what will give me back a boost? I'm pretty hungry on this, and heard if you're in ketosis your appetite should be less that usual!

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    6lbs during induction is good :-)) What was it you added to week 3 that you weren't eating before...maybe you've found one type of food that your body just can't cope with at the moment??

During induction and found I wasn't hungry like I used to be at all...you have to make sure you're getting enough fat (this was quite hard after a really low fat diet previously) and protein. What's a typical days eating for you like??
  • robynnatasha
    Options
    I guess i added the atkins bars, i am going to cut them out. I should start counting calories as well!
    Usually a day is like:

Breakfast-Atkins bar,

Lunch- Tuna salad or cheese/ham roll ups

Dinner- Cheese omlette & bacon or Chicken or steak etc with some brocolli, onion

Snacks: Sugar free jelly, Salami sticks

Drinks, the odd atkins shake, herbal teas
  • Stephney2
    Stephney2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always stop losing weight when I add the atkins bars... I know its not the best idea but I usually stick to 20-30 carbs a day no matter what.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've never tried the Atkins bars but I have read a lot of posts from people saying they upset their weight loss. Hopefully you'll continue losing if you exclude them again :-))

I woudn't worry too much about the calories you're intaking - I've found mine hover around 1400 but if they get higher it's not an issue...unless, of course, it's something a little ridiculous like 3000 lol :-))
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I guess i added the atkins bars, i am going to cut them out. I should start counting calories as well!
    Usually a day is like:

Breakfast-Atkins bar,

Lunch- Tuna salad or cheese/ham roll ups

Dinner- Cheese omlette & bacon or Chicken or steak etc with some brocolli, onion

Snacks: Sugar free jelly, Salami sticks

Drinks, the odd atkins shake, herbal teas

Atkins says that if you stall or gain, you need to make sure you're not eating hidden sugars, cut out on the Atkins products, and make sure you're not eating too much cheese or nuts.
    If you're still on Induction, you need to make sure that at least 12 of your 20 net carbs are coming from salads and veggies. From your list above, it doesn't look like you're eating enough veggies. Make sure you're drinking enough water!
    Good luck!