December - Anyone up for a challenge?

Options
I know December is a busy month and it will be a tempting one as well. I'm pretty new here and have been getting use to the site and making friends... I am older than the rest of you in this group.. I'm 63 (soon to be 64 in Feb) and my goal is to get under 200 again. I have 60 lbs to go.. I'd like to try to find a group of older folks who are struggling. I find it harder also because I have had knee pain/arthritis for the past several months so my "walking" has been really limited. I was going great over the summer and lost about 28 lbs.. Now I am creeping along .. but I am enjoying the Food logs and being more aware of what goes in my mouth!!

I was thinking of doing a challenge like ...NO snacks at all after dinner up to Christmas.. OR of someone has one that they'd like to do .. let us hear it.

I'd love to do some exercise type but don't know what i can do without walking .. ANY helpful ideas?? Thanks

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    How about at least 20 mins of activity for 5 days out of the week till dec 31? This could be walking, running, workout video, swimming etc?
  • goodmonster
    Options
    Patti- I'm pretty sure there is a group that you're looking for; I ran across it a few weeks ago =)
    As far as the no snacking goes, I'm someone who doesn't really have any main 'meals' during the day mostly because of my/my husband's crazy schedules.
    However if you have those set meals then yeah I say go for it! I bet you can do it. =)

And Stampin I'd be up for that challenge =) I need to get back into the groove of working out since I've been sick! Any endurance has gone pppffttttt.

I've got another challenge for anyone; I challenge you to dance for 5 minutes a day. You can count it or not; I do it just to relieve stress and have fun. My husband used to laugh but sometimes will join in. Put on your favorite song and shake that booty!!
    Takers?