Welcome to the Group! Introduce your self

Options
playful82
playful82 Posts: 78 Member
Hey all , I am Mindy, just wanted to welcome everyone to the group. Feel free to post things, questions and any motivational stuff to help each other thought out this experience.. Its a tough workout, but we can do anything we set our minds to. so lets do this!

All of us have started this Insanity Workout at different times so ask questions and let each other know whats going on..

Replies

• 42istheage
    Options
    Hello All! Just joined this group. I have been using MFP on and off more than a year. Not with much success, no fault of MFP, its just my own personal struggles. Anwyho...I'm back here with every intention of making this work. Once I get going, I can do well. I just haven't had the motivation to do well in almost 1.5 years. I am back up to 234 after hitting 201 last summer and fitting into a size 12. My best friend is getting married in May and I'm the Maid of Honor. As happy as I was when I heard the news, I felt a huge pain in my stomach knowing very well that I will be front and center at the wedding and all the parties that will come the package. I already selected the dress and I was measured ( I was horrified). And so here I am really wanting to do this. and hopefully be 3 sizes smaller for the wedding in May. I have tried to do the Insanity videos several times, I haven't been able to get past the 2nd week, but I know it works and I can mix my workouts with the Turbo Jam workouts. I will start tomorrow with the Fitness test. Good Luck everyone and thank you for allowing me to joing this group. I really need some motivation and I promise to support you all. Good luck!
  • playful82
    playful82 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Just joined this group. I have been using MFP on and off more than a year. Not with much success, no fault of MFP, its just my own personal struggles. Anwyho...I'm back here with every intention of making this work. Once I get going, I can do well. I just haven't had the motivation to do well in almost 1.5 years. I am back up to 234 after hitting 201 last summer and fitting into a size 12. My best friend is getting married in May and I'm the Maid of Honor. As happy as I was when I heard the news, I felt a huge pain in my stomach knowing very well that I will be front and center at the wedding and all the parties that will come the package. I already selected the dress and I was measured ( I was horrified). And so here I am really wanting to do this. and hopefully be 3 sizes smaller for the wedding in May. I have tried to do the Insanity videos several times, I haven't been able to get past the 2nd week, but I know it works and I can mix my workouts with the Turbo Jam workouts. I will start tomorrow with the Fitness test. Good Luck everyone and thank you for allowing me to joing this group. I really need some motivation and I promise to support you all. Good luck!

sounds like a plan, just be active and keep logging all ur food and exercise.. it will all pay off when you start seeing all the results... also keep visiting the group and be inspired and help motivate others also...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I just noticed this thread. I'm Lisa, I'm 41 and I have been trying and mostly failing to lose weight ever since a car accident 4 years ago laid me up. I put on about 40 pounds from that, and the lingering injuries have held me back I guess. I was doing a boot camp for awhile, but once the daylight went away I don't really like going anymore. Then I was going to the gym and doing cardio work, but my low back and hip seized up from that. Despite all of that effort, I'm only 10 pounds down from my highest weight of 169.

SOOOOO..I figured some crazy plyo work was just the thing!

I really want to increase my strength and endurance over the winter, and hopefully get back into more outdoor exercise next spring. I'm already thinking about the next step after Insanity lol...

Very happy to have this little group here!!
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I too have bridesmaid duties looming so it's time for a dose of Insanity for me. I'm planning to finish 30 Day Shred first so will be kicking off in a few weeks. Hope you're all surviving it - can't wait to get started!

Cathy x
  • michellelthomp
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am on my first round of Insanity and I start month 2 tomorrow! I justy had my 3rd child 4 months ago so I am trying to get back into shape! So far I have lost 16lbs and 10 inches off my body.
  • Ciabis
    Ciabis Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just started the insanity yesterday (first round), and I live in France ;)
    I hope to slim down a bit and improve my cardio

Good luck everyone
  • LeaLeaBunny
    Options
    ♥ Hello there! My name is Heather, but please call me Lea (sounds like Lee, not Le-uh, just making that clear), I blow out my candles every July (7) 11th and have done so since 1990 (makes me 21). I have brown hair, and hazel eyes that decide either to change from blue to green or green to gray. I stand at 5 feet 7 inches, and I am currently 240 pounds.

I always was tall, and skinny. I had problems when I was younger, I was 10 years old when I discovered I was suffering from anorexia which ended up in a 5 year battle (15 when I became healthier). I was always giving out my lunch. Nibbling on crackers, or something light and small (I was 12). I was dealing with a bunch of crap from friends, and drama which didn’t help, so I started eating more, but not a lot, half a sandwich with applesauce or something else if I was feeling good enough. Between the years of 04’ and 10’ I dated someone who was very abusive and called me fat, worthless, and all these other names. I was slapped if I ate, hit if I did the dishes wrong, etc. I told myself, “It’ll get better!” and it just never did..

When I turned 17 I started eating bigger meals, feeling full but still eating. I got my weight up to 230 or so, and I told myself, “eh why try to lose the weight.. I mean I need to but I can’t be that big.”

It was until I turned 19 that I reached my highest of 290. I started eating less again. Worked out every once in a while and told myself “Go weigh yourself beautiful!” yet I was scared to. I went through breaking up with the abusive ex who kept begging for me back, and I refused.

In July 2010 I finally fell in love again with someone I had known since 2003. He warned me not to go out with my ex, he warned me he was bad news, I refused to listen then (wish I had). He asked if I’d go out with him for a week and see how things went. Our relationship skyrocketed. I couldn’t believe how happy I was (still am).

I am down to 240 pounds. I work out at the gym, I do Insanity, and I am PROUD that I am on the way to something amazing for myself.

I guess that’s it, a lot of facts, and long about me.

Just remember that you are beautiful and all the support is very welcoming.

Deep inside you can do it, you are strong and you can be whoever you want to be when you set your mind to it.

Insanity Fit Test 1:

Power Jacks: 30
    Power Knees (both combined): 100
    Power Jumps: 27
    Globe Jumps: 5 (4 each rotation = 20)
    Suicide Jumps: 20 (replaced w/ sit-ups)
    Push up Jacks: 20 (replaced w/ push-ups)
    Low Plank Oblique: 40