grrrrrrrrrrrr -- just wanted to vent

Options
I have to confess that I am a member of LA Fitness. I love this gym cuz of its many features, but most of all, the swimming pool.

Now, you may or may not have heard that Bally went kaput and LA Fitness bought out many Bally centers. If you belonged to Bally, I don't intend to insult you but it was from my observation from local Bally club to ours. I swear,, this local Bally's swimmers have NO manners around the pool at all!

When I was leaving, I was chatting with a lady at front desk, telling her of my frustations of swimmers' behaviors around the pool,, She told me that they kicked out about 10 swimmers on the first day that Bally's member came aboard (Dec 1st.)

In looking online, I read that many people like Bally cuz its membership fee being so dang cheap,, I thought,, gee, if it's so cheap, they probably use the pool as recreation -- everything that bratty teenagers would do...... such as.....
CANNONBALLS
CHASING FRIENDS AROUND POOL
HORSING AROUND ON DISABLED SWIMMER LIFT
PUSHING FRIENDS INTO POOL
STAND ON HANDS TO SEE WHO CAN STAND THE LONGEST
DIVE OFF THE DEEPEST END OF POOL,, that's 4.5 feet deep -- not safe
SLOPPY RACES (too much splashing, bad form swim)

I hope to see an improvement when I go swimming tomorrow morning (Dec 3rd)..........

Thank you for letting me vent

.::: getting of soap box:::

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I hate going to swim and you can't get anything done because of people screwing around!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I hate going to swim and you can't get anything done because of people screwing around!
    EXACTLY! it was very distracting as well....

Today, in Water aerobic class, it was early, 9am on Saturday morning so no one was there except for class folks. I overheard some ladies talking about Thurday evening class (same night I was there, but later) she said that a guy was cussing at the teacher because he wanted to swim "now",, teacher got pushed into the pool,, so gym called 911,, Now that is bad!

I hope things will improve within next few days.
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Geez what is wrong with people?? Do they designate the pool for specific things at certain hours? I belong to a YMCA and we have times where there is only lap swimming, only lessons, only classes, only open swim, etc. For open swim they usually leave a few lanes open but I don't normally go then because there are so many people wanting the few lap lanes available.

Thankfully, in the early morning when I go it's just me and the other lap swimmers and we're too sleepy to make much noise. ;) I'd be so irritated if I had to deal with that. Bleh!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Geez what is wrong with people?? Do they designate the pool for specific things at certain hours? I belong to a YMCA and we have times where there is only lap swimming, only lessons, only classes, only open swim, etc. For open swim they usually leave a few lanes open but I don't normally go then because there are so many people wanting the few lap lanes available.

Thankfully, in the early morning when I go it's just me and the other lap swimmers and we're too sleepy to make much noise. ;) I'd be so irritated if I had to deal with that. Bleh!

Yes and No.. Water fitness classes are held for one hour 5 days a week,, 3 in morning, 2 in evening,,, all other times,, open for anything, but most of us lap swim.

It been one week since the takeover,, it does seems like bally's members are starting to behave for the most part. Last night, during water fitness class, there were 2 rebels, both wanting to lap swim. On top of that, there was about 10 guys in juzzini, all talking sooooooo loud that none of us could hear the teacher,,, the teacher asked them to talk quieter,, it only lasted maybe 3 minutes..... Maybe next week -- better???