Introduction!

Options
zombi
zombi Posts: 16 Member
Hi there! I'm Kate. I was born with a genetic mutation that causes a very rare bone disease. Because of this, I have been incapable of being very active my entire life. Despite that, I was quite thin until my teens, when I began to gain weight very rapidly. My lack of control over my body led me headfirst into very disordered eating, which I have struggled with ever since.

After nearly ten years of living with an eating disorder, I have finally begun to embrace food and exercise. I am in RECOVERY, even though it is a real struggle some times. I recently received clearance from my surgeon to learn to run, and even more recently I discovered something astonishing: I like to work out.

The last two years have been marked by a real struggle with my digestive system. I am using Myfitnesspal to help me keep track of what I am eating, so I can link symptoms to foods. Sometimes I choose to eat things I know will make me sick, but I'm trying harder to be nicer to myself, these days. Myfitnesspal is also helping to keep me accountable to myself and make better choices. On 17 June, 2011, I quit smoking for good! My goal is to finally do something I have always wanted to do: become a runner! I'd love to be fit and strong, so toning and distance running are big goals for me.

Just thought I'd say hi (:

Replies

• starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    congrats on all of the progress you've made, that's amazing!

My name is Megan, and I live in Connecticut with my husband and ferret. I have a sedentary job (admin assistant to a Dr.) so I try to kick myself into overdrive when I get out of work. My goals are to be super fit, have some defined abs, and not be jiggly! I'd also love to train and run some races. So far I can run about 4.5 to 5 miles.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the progress so far. Welcome to NTHGs!

I have struggled with disordered eating in my past as well so I can identify with that. What are you able to do for exercise?
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm cleared by my surgeon to do anything except rollerblading, skating, skiing, and skateboarding. Right now I run and just started p90x!