Options
K1Teacher
K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
Hi there! I've been considering going primal and I've slowly been heading that direction over the last few days. Today is the first day that I've tried to do it 100%. Will some of you look at today's diary and see what you think? I'm very open to criticism...but be gentle, I'm new to this and want to learn. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much,
Shanna

Replies

• monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty damn good, for a newb. Actually, it looks better than some of the long-time paleo people around here. :)

The only suggestion I have (and it is only a personal preference) is that 'whole foods' is always best. Meaning, I would not be separating the whites from the egg yolks. You can bet that Grok didn't suck the whites out of an egg and toss the yolk - it's the primary source of nutrients in the egg!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty damn good, for a newb. Actually, it looks better than some of the long-time paleo people around here. :)

The only suggestion I have (and it is only a personal preference) is that 'whole foods' is always best. Meaning, I would not be separating the whites from the egg yolks. You can bet that Grok didn't suck the whites out of an egg and toss the yolk - it's the primary source of nutrients in the egg!

LOL...too true! It'll probably take me a while to get used to eating so much fat (old habits die hard)...thanks for the feedback!!
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It'll probably take me a while to get used to eating so much fat (old habits die hard)...thanks for the feedback!!

My pleasure. ;)

It does take a bit to undo a lifetime of propagandizing, but eventually it will feel like second nature. When you stop using sugar for fuel, energy has to come from somewhere, and the body is designed to use....FAT. Not just fat, but SATURATED fat. Without the systemic inflammation that a diet of grains and sugars produces, saturated fat isn't a problem to the human diet.