Christmas!!!

Options
KayteeBear
KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
So the group has been slow so I just wanted to post something random. lol

What's planned for Christmas?

I have I think four official Christmases to go to...Christmas Eve is on my mom's side of the family, Christmas Day is my BF's grandparents...and his dad's I think?, and then New Years Day is on my dad's side of the family (he's from a family of 12 children so we always have it on New Years Day now because then almost everybody can show up)

So I have at least three Christmases for sure...we might be doing a little Christmas meal in January with my BF's step dad because he's a trucker and he might not be home for Christmas.

I'm baking a Candy Cane Cheesecake for my mom's side of the family, dunno what for bf's grandparents, nothing for my dad's side (there's always tons of food anyways lol) and I don't know about my bf's dad's...

But yeah...it's going to be pretty busy. And from the 20th-23rd I might be going on a roadtrip to the province beside me (Alberta) with some friends...I don't know if we're going for sure or not. lol

So what's your Christmas looking like?

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    So the group has been slow so I just wanted to post something random. lol

What's planned for Christmas?

I have I think four official Christmases to go to...Christmas Eve is on my mom's side of the family, Christmas Day is my BF's grandparents...and his dad's I think?, and then New Years Day is on my dad's side of the family (he's from a family of 12 children so we always have it on New Years Day now because then almost everybody can show up)

So I have at least three Christmases for sure...we might be doing a little Christmas meal in January with my BF's step dad because he's a trucker and he might not be home for Christmas.

I'm baking a Candy Cane Cheesecake for my mom's side of the family, dunno what for bf's grandparents, nothing for my dad's side (there's always tons of food anyways lol) and I don't know about my bf's dad's...

But yeah...it's going to be pretty busy. And from the 20th-23rd I might be going on a roadtrip to the province beside me (Alberta) with some friends...I don't know if we're going for sure or not. lol

So what's your Christmas looking like?
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Heading to SC for Christmas week, Christmas dinner then we have a cocktail party on the29th which I am cooking for. My birthday is on the first but we will be traveling home. I have a grandbabies christmas dinner some time in Jan so my Grandchildren can get there gifts and another dinner for my boys. LOL Four dinner seven birthday from Nov 20th-Jan 13th....LOL
  • heathermckillop
    heathermckillop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    kaytee, a candy cane cheesecake sounds interesting. can you post the recipe? I have christmas day at my brother in laws, boxing day at my mums, 27th is a friend's new house party, maybe a break on the 28th and then my husband and i are going for an over night on the 29th. phew! x
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    christmas ann the 25th ist with our parents so our son cans see his grandparents. At the 16th we leave and go back home. and tehre we stay until we have to work again . it is such an important time for me and my family , because it is the only time at the year where we completly close the buisness. We are together all the time and everbody can be in the pyama as long hes wants to be. I love it and i am so looking forward to ist. At t he time between the 24 and 31 it sometimes seems to me as would time stand still.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    kaytee, a candy cane cheesecake sounds interesting. can you post the recipe? I have christmas day at my brother in laws, boxing day at my mums, 27th is a friend's new house party, maybe a break on the 28th and then my husband and i are going for an over night on the 29th. phew! x

I have found two recipes. I haven't decided which one to use yet though.

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/holiday_countdown/candy_cane_cheesecake.php

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Candy-Cane-Cheesecake

They're not altered to be weight loss friendly but I'm the one who decides that if I'm going to eat cheesecake I'm going to enjoy it no matter what. lol