I would like to Introduce myself

Options
I am post op RNY gastric bypass. Before surgury I weighed 320#, my highest weight was 380#, maybe more. I now weigh around 160#. My surgery was 2 years 4 months and 5 days ago. Just remember this surgery is a "tool". Now, I am a young 65 year woman, and not a dead one. With exercise (walking, stair climbing, nothing drastic) I keep geting better, also keep plenty of good support around you. I still have a tendancy to think fat, but now I have a future. If I can help I would be glad too, it also reminds me to stick to my own goals. Best of Life to all...:wink:

Replies

• victorearose
    victorearose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, and CONGRATS!!!
    My GBP date is 1/16/11. I am busy preparing what I need to do both pre and post surgery. My surgeon has all surgery candidates go on a protein powder liquid diet two weeks prior and two weeks post. I recently purchase 'Unjury' protein drink. Now my question. I take 4 vitamins and 2 prescribed medicines. Do I need to get liquid vitamins? I can easily find liquid multivites and B complex, but the two remaining are in softgel. Suggestions? Thanks.:happy:
  • skatermom503
    Options
    I'd check with your doctor. They all do the pre and post op diets differently. I only had to do 3 days of liquids pre-op but 4 weeks post op. Give the doctor a call just to clarify! Good luck!
  • jazzie2421
    Options
    I had my GBS on 3/31/05. My heighest weight was 290, lowest 145. I'm a stress eater. I went through a period where I was just incredibly stressed out and woke up from the stress daze (not saying the stress is gone, just woke up from the daze) and realized I had gained 60 lbs. I'm not cool with that. So I'm starting my journey to get that weight back off. My sister actually found this site and talked me into joining so that we can encourage each other. She's waiting until after the holidays. I'm not. I'm over it. This time next year I fully plan to be back to my goal weight, or at least pretty close to it! :)
  • freakingenius
    freakingenius Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, and CONGRATS!!!
    My GBP date is 1/16/11. I am busy preparing what I need to do both pre and post surgery. My surgeon has all surgery candidates go on a protein powder liquid diet two weeks prior and two weeks post. I recently purchase 'Unjury' protein drink. Now my question. I take 4 vitamins and 2 prescribed medicines. Do I need to get liquid vitamins? I can easily find liquid multivites and B complex, but the two remaining are in softgel. Suggestions? Thanks.:happy:

liquid vitamins aren't necessary unless you just can not tolerate solids period..... which would point to a more serious problem. I've taken the regular vitamins with no problems since day 1. Plus, the liquid supplements are just plain disgusting.