scrawny arms and an injured hand

Options
mochalovies
mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
Hello Ladies!

I am hoping to get some info here. I have always lifted weights but I had a pretty bad fracture on my right index finger and my hand got pretty injured in August. Until recently I could not do any type of upper body lifting, and now I can hold little weights (5lbs) - I do have the pear body shape, so my arms are just looking super skinny, and I am starting to feel scrawny >.<. With that said, I cannot wait to build some muscle back up. I was wondering if anyone knows of strenght training programs that can help? Should I do 8 rep sets and try to hold heavier weights? I understand the 'behind' the scene things that happen when trying to build muscle...and understand that this will take a bit... but if you know of any tips please share! :)

Replies

• Shredded2011
    Options
    Yes you want to lift as heavy as you can to build it up. But be careful.
    Bicep curl
    Tricep pushdown
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks! I was wondering about the low rep thing. Got me the hand straps just in case!
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    you should do 3 or 4 heavy sets.
    but if its too light just do more reps its not critical just make the muscle burn by keeping going.

if you can do less than 6 then its too heavy for you.

vareful with hand - use machines if your hand is bad then you can just let go.:smokin: