3. State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
4. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
5. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
6. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny
8. 11/22/63 by Stephen King
9. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
10. 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami

The full list of 30 is at - http://bookpage.com/feature/readers'-choice:-best-books-of-2011

Thoughts??? I'm actually surprised that I've read some of these and have others on my "to read" list! Usually I see these book lists and haven't even heard of most of the books!

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of those! lol. Most of them I haven't even heard of!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I've read A Discovery of Witches and 11/22/63, Steve Jobs, and A Dance with Dragon are all coming up quickly on my reading list. I definitely recommend A Discovery of Witches! I loved it and can't wait for the next book (it's going to be a trilogy!) I've heard really good things about 11/22/63 - it's Stephen Kings new book. And I'm reading through the entire Game of Thrones series right now and A Dance with Dragons is the next book for me! :-)

I'd definitely like to hear about some of the other books on the list! I recognize a few of the titles but have no idea if any would be worth reading!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    King's book is GRRRRREAT. I liked it, anyway. But I love his writing style and the book is FULL of easter eggs, so I love that.
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've only read A Discovery of Witches on your list - but I LOVE it!! I can't wait for the sequel coming out in the summer! :D
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I read 'State of Wonder' and while I enjoyed it, I did not feel that it was nearly as good as her 'Bel Canto.' Has anyone read the 'Marriage Plot?' I am very interested in whether this should go on my 'to read' list!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Divergent and can't wait for the sequel! Oh and the Insider series.
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 77% through The Marriage Plot. So far I recommend highly, but I have heard that some don't like the ending. I will post back in a day or two.