Insanity 60 day Challenge

Hey Everyone!
So here's the dish on the Insanity workout challenge that has me actually taking the time to blog about it!
The INSANITY workout
might just be the hardest fitness program ever put on DVD.

Shaun T (the trainer) took traditional interval training and flipped it on its head—you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each INSANITY workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. This workout has you buring up to 1,000 calories per hour and at the end of 60 days not only is your body totally ripped, you have so much more energy and all the great things that come along with being in awesome shape.
Now this system is a little on the pricy side so a lot of people are a bit sckeptical about trying it because they may feel that it isn't worth their hard earned money just to loose weight. However, I wanted to let you all know that I have the system saved to a sendable file on my computer so if anyone was interested in trying it out for free I would have no problem sending it to you...OR if you want to know how I got this for free myself you can send me a message and i'll let you in on the secret. The only thing I ask is that you keep us all posted on your success with the program by posting week 1, week 2, week 3, etc. pictures or comments. Alright let's go!

Here's a sneak peak video of the workout....GOOD LUCK YA'LL!
http://youtu.be/cSccVzdYhmI

Replies

• I was just reading up on insanity and came across this group. I have the workout system, but I have found that I have gained 7 pounds over the last 5 weeks. I am 5 weeks into the workout btw. I am not discouraged as my clothes are not tight and my shoulders are developing. I can now do push ups, which is something that I was never able to do! My thighs are more muscular, now I am hoping that the second part of the workout will get rid of the mush mush surrounding my muscles. I have found it difficult to eat 1500-1700 cals. Some days I am at 2100, but most days I am around 1300-1400. I am not sure if this is good and I am researching the pros and cons of this now.

While you are on the insanity challenge are you doing anything else, like walking weight lifting etc.?
  • Insanity is the hardest workout I have ever done! Love it!
  • Yes! You can definitely do some weight lifting while doing the program. The 5 pounds you gained is most likely muscle mass and some weight training once or twice a week will help that as well. Some people worry about losing their bulk as they do this program because it seriously has you trimming the fat that is on your body but adding some weight to the regimen will help that muscle gain. Good luck and great job so far! Keep us posted :)
  • Were you able to finish the whole program?
  • @emjoy88...I have lost the battle against avoiding getting sick and I have been down for the last week. I am hoping that whatever I have passes soon. My plan is to start the second month again when I am over this sickness, since I only made it to week 7 before I got ill. I will keep you posted on my progress and thanks for the advice on the weight lifting, I will make sure to incorporate it in my insanity journey:)
  • @emjoy88...I have lost the battle against avoiding getting sick and I have been down for the last week. I am hoping that whatever I have passes soon. My plan is to start the second month again when I am over this sickness, since I only made it to week 7 before I got ill. I will keep you posted on my progress and thanks for the advice on the weight lifting, I will make sure to incorporate it in my insanity journey:)

Oh no! I hope you feel better! It's so good to hear that you are still planning on keeping up the program , what a great effort. And don't worry, I have a friend who is doing it and he went through the same phase of not seeing that many results at first, but that was just because all the muscle was building up underneath the fat then in no time it seemed the fat just disappeared into thin and and he was ripped all over! Don't be discouraged and keep up the awesome work! If you have any other questions let me know, I know a lot of people who are doing this workout and it seems they all have different stories to share that could be useful in your weight loss journey.
    Get well !