Jamie's supplement package

Options
Does anyone use this? The supplement package on the Live Fit Trainer page of Bodybuilding.com? I feel so lost when shopping whey powders and even vitamins in general. Is it truly the same stuff she uses?

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I don't use it. I was going to ask about supplements and see what people were saying.
    I was doing pretty good with my multi-vitamin and flaxseed oil last week but I was finding that it was kinda binding me up digestive-wise (sorry if TMI) I should try flax by the liquid spoonful, because I had gelcaps and I think it was just too much. since I stopped both I have been fine.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm not using that. For me:

Protein: Myofusion (mixes easily, nice thick flavor) or 100% Optimum Nutrition Whey (lighter flavor few less cals)
    Multi: GNC Energy & Metabolism Women's (changing to Opti-women when I'm done).

I don't use any of the others right now. Protein is all based on personal preference. If you don't know which you would like order 2 small tubs from each company so you can compare. The ON was decent for me, but the myo is MUCH better. No need to add milk or anything.

I really should add fish oil in just haven't done it yet.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! Right now I use a EAS whey protein powder and RAW 1 multivitamin for women and a fish oil supplement. I can't say I've noticed huge changes. I need to start pre-prepping my protein powder so I can have it immediately after my workout instead of an hour later when life slows down at home (I get home from the gym at 6am and have to shower and get the kids off to school). The fish oil has helped my skin and nails and hair. :)

Every muscle and bodybuilding magazine tauts all kinds of whey protein powders and I just feel so lost. I know I don't want to use any fat burners or any of those kinds of things. I want to stay as natural as possible.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Just get a good protein powder and multi (maybe some fish oil down the line) and you should be good. Your diet should have the majority of the nutrients you need.

I like the myofusion because I know that I can just throw some water in it, a couple shakes and it's good to go. Taste is primo! Your best bet is to throw some powder in a shaker cup (or whatever you use) and bring it with you. That way you can drink it on the way home.

The magazines are going to try to sell you EVERYTHING! Same as TV. Ask questions if something seems beneficial. That's the best way, I've found.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I must say I also LOVE Myofusion! Way more than ON. ON is decent, but Myofusion is YUMMY! I have it in Strawberries & Creme and it's delicious with unsweetened almond milk and egg whites.