Food Challenges? Weight loss Challenges?

Options
Food Challenges? Weight loss Challenges? What do we think? We have an exercise challenge, should we start having a group goal for weigh loss, see what we can accomplish? What about food challenges, things we can add to our eating routines and things we could take out??? Lets talk about it and do it!!!!

Replies

• Labcoathipster
    Options
    I'm in for the food challenges. I'm actually not weighing myself often, so I don't think I'll do the weight one. I want to focus more on how my clothes are feeling and how I'm reacting to the workouts. But I'm totally in for food challenges! Maybe every week we take out one thing that is normally a staple.....things that we think we couldn't live without.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Alright, miney would be chocolate. I will go one week without chocolate. I will do it... I can do it.. What will you take out???
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    I'm going to give up half and half. I put it in my tea multiple times a day. I hardly know if I'll be able to do it. No cream for me!!!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Alright, miney would be chocolate. I will go one week without chocolate. I will do it... I can do it.. What will you take out???

You can do it.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    In light of my sugar problem. I'm going to add Sugar on to my weekly goal. I will be UNDER my limit each day. No exceptions.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    In light of my sugar problem. I'm going to add Sugar on to my weekly goal. I will be UNDER my limit each day. No exceptions.

I hear that :) I think with taking chocolate out, my sugar problem may get better as well, I will be UNDER my goal each day. Lets peep each others diaries and keep each other in line :)
  • 2012Kristin
    2012Kristin Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This seems a little on the impossible side for me, but starting tomorrow morning I am going to cut cheese out of my diet for a week. So from 12/21 until the New Year there will be no cheese for me.

Cheese is really my favorite thing ~ I add it to everything. I even been known to dip my burgers in cheese sauce when there is already cheese on them.

Fingers crossed!!

And @labcoathipster since you can see my food diary please scold me if you see it appear =)

@BellaBones ~ How are you two doing with your chocolate??
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    And @labcoathipster since you can see my food diary please scold me if you see it appear =)

Will do!
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Hoxie, I did well and did not eat the chocolate for a week, but have since had some. I am going to make sure to keep it on the mellow side with sweets and chocolate as they are my downfall.

My goal is to do the core exercises for half hour a day for a week this week. I started monday, did it, but yesterday was sicky so no good . I will start again today!
  • 2012Kristin
    Options

Will do!

Awe crap!! I totally forgot already and had cheese in my leftover breakfast casserole! This is starting right now (please ignore my breakfast)
  • Labcoathipster
    Options

Will do!

Awe crap!! I totally forgot already and had cheese in my leftover breakfast casserole! This is starting right now (please ignore my breakfast)

Ok, but after this morning I'm holding you to it!! Feel free to do the same with me and PM snacking.
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    Ok, but after this morning I'm holding you to it!! Feel free to do the same with me and PM snacking.

I'm ready to lay the smack down!! LOL.

I was good at lunch ~ had a gyro and didn't smother it with feta like I normally do. Kristin 1; Cheese 0. Woot Woot!!
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    Leftover Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip...... IN THE TRASH
    Leftover Chicken Nachos...... IN THE TRASH

Cream Cheese & my remaining Laughing Cow triangles.... BACK OF FRIDGE

Fortunately I think that's all the cheese in my house. Yay!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Leftover Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip...... IN THE TRASH
    Leftover Chicken Nachos...... IN THE TRASH

Cream Cheese & my remaining Laughing Cow triangles.... BACK OF FRIDGE

Fortunately I think that's all the cheese in my house. Yay!

Nice!
  • 2012Kristin
    Options
    I did fairly good with no cheese for a week. I goofed twice I think, those moments where I wasn't really thinking about it at all.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    I did not set a food challenge for myself this week. However I will be giving up red meat and chocolate on the 1st for 10 weeks as part of the derbalife challenge I am going with my roller derby league. I hope to bring new ideas here from that challenge so I can share with you all what I am learning and how it is progressing.