Getting shredded

Options
I just wanted to talk about quick ways to look mean and lean with weights and a good diet.
You can ask questions if you want.

I do mostly these excercises:

Dead lift
Squats
Barbell clean & presses
Bench Press
Dips
Pull Ups
Renegade dumbbell rows
Cable rows
Vertical Lift

Mostly eat chicken and salad or veg. Lots water.

I can't get any simpler than that.
But if you want to ask questions then i can try help.
If I can't help I'll ask my trainer Mick when I'm with him as he's good and has written a book on it.

Other things that empowered me is the :
100 push ups goal
and pull ups goals that i have.
But alot of it isdiet, - 80% and the other 20 is bodybuilding and wanting to do it.
I try to stay off carbs but its not a healthy way to do it.

Anyway i hope that helps.

:smooched:

Replies

• Shredded2011
    Options
    And don't give up.

If you mess a day up with extra food don't worry about it.

it's just a blip. Cause you can always lose weight.

So don't panic!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Shredded, for this information. Can you tell me:

1. how many days per week do you train?
    2. how many minutes is each training session?
    3. how many sets do you do (of your assorted exercises) and how many reps per set?

I am in the middle of week 4 of strength-training, and I wish I could see my results a bit faster. (Actually, I just wish I had made the 'switch' to weight-training back in September...) I have been a die-hard cardio-freak for the better part of 25 years and, while I've always done SOME weight-work (low weights, high reps), I'm excited to be on this new adventure!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great advice and training tips!!! thanks !!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Thanks, Shredded, for this information. Can you tell me:

1. how many days per week do you train?
    2. how many minutes is each training session?
    3. how many sets do you do (of your assorted exercises) and how many reps per set?

I am in the middle of week 4 of strength-training, and I wish I could see my results a bit faster. (Actually, I just wish I had made the 'switch' to weight-training back in September...) I have been a die-hard cardio-freak for the better part of 25 years and, while I've always done SOME weight-work (low weights, high reps), I'm excited to be on this new adventure!

3 or 4
    45 mins
    2 warmup sets - 3 working sets 10, 8, 6 reps ish
    But i keep lifting until it burns like hell so failure or close to it - sometimes beyond
    So if i manage more than 10 reps on the last set i just keep going until my muscles stops.
    its about the burn rather than the numbers so just keep going until you really feel it. Reps and Sets are what i stated but can change.

Yes with weights you use some calories. But in the rest days your still burning - big time!!!
    Bodybuilders are made in the kitchen. as my trainer mick keeps saying - bit of a joke

But if i'm dieting i'll do only 3 total sets of 15 of each excercise. Hardly any rest between sets and excercises so it turns into a cardio weightlifting session on lowcalories. - always have a lucozade or can of coke before these workouts so that i got enough glucose. After i stay the hell away from sugars after my protein shake at the end.

Chicken and broccoli / sprouts etc.

Thanks guys.

Share your tips or workouts i'mcertainly not the be all and end all.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Shredded, this was SUCH a helpful post!! So glad I managed to stop by today (I've been MIA for a few days).

I like the # of days per week that you train. That's good. I'm not "dieting" in that sense of the word, but I am watching my calories and actually have MFP set for a 0.5 lb per week weight loss (but the scale isn't budging....).

I don't really know what "warm-up" sets are. But, likely they are close to the 12 and 10 rep sets I do at the beginning of each of my muscle sets (with 5's and 6's on the "effort" scale for those 2 sets). My 8 rep and 6 rep sets are HEAVY and I'm DYING at the ends of those - followed by a set of 12 with "10" on the effort scale there, if possible, too!

Next week is week 6 and I will be rotating the weight-lifting exercises I do. Some of the ones suggested (like dead-lifts) would kill my back, for sure. So, I'm not quite sure how to modify that - although I could always get a trainer to show me.

Anyway, my next "goal" is the last week of February, so that gives me some time to play for results.

Never thought of "can of coke" before working out - I haven't paid attention to my diet that way. (Mostly because I don't want to have to pee in the middle of a work-out, lol!) But, I do eat a protein bar when I'm done and then nothing for a couple of hours after that. Maybe I should see if I could lift HEAVIER if I had a can of (diet) coke before a work-out...
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Warm up sets are any weight just doing the action so you warm the muscle up.
    Deadlifts are ok just use a light weight and buildup. Its not a very pleasant movement though, nor is squats either. Thats why people don't do it.

Don't get me wrong I like them now but i didn't. And i only like them because they are difficult and i know that alot of other people won't do them. So it makes me feel good.

You can do them like charile - they are easier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRdlwx1Hh8

Good luck with it!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    hmmmm, I thought a deadlift was where you bent at the waist and picked up weights that way. I obviously need to go look at my picture books again. I did watch that video, Shredded....that girl is what I want to look like (minus the boobs, which I don't have and I'm not purchasing).
  • sweetheart312
    sweetheart312 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my really good friend tally clark did this and she was like 280lbs and in 8months she is now 138 so now im gonna try this diet but my question is what you eat for breakfast to kick up motabalism and how much cardio do you add to this