Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm Sheryl. I started getting healthy in July 2011 and started using MFP in earnest in December. It's been tremendously helpful for encouragement, motivation, recipe ideas, and suggestions. I'm 5'3" and weighed 297 at my highest and my goal is to get to 150.... I might have set it lower, but psychologically it was too intimidating to set a goal that meant having to lose over 150 lbs. ... aren't brains weird? I figure I'll re-evaluate when I get closer to it. I'm REALLY looking forward to that first big milestone - being less than 200!

Anyway, I'm off to a good start and MFP has a lot to do with it.
    11842605.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chasitynance
    Options
    My name is Chasity, I'm 26 years old and I have lost 106lbs so far in about a little over a year. I still have a goal to loose 50 more lbs. I'm new to MFP, but loving all the support and all the amazing stories. I have battled weight my whole life and I'm finially fighting this battle all on my own. No surgery or pills. Strictley diet and Exercise! I'm the happiest I have ever been with myself. So eager to see my final results!
  • 50Rose
    50Rose Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone, Rose age 50 like my username. Been on a weight loss roller coaster to long. On WW right now and not happy with the change to Points Plus over a year ago. I just can't get the weight off like I did when starting in July 2010 my highest weight was 279 and lost 66 lbs. Now I've gained back 25 of those pounds and I'm paying for it more ways than one $$$. Since the change on points plus I only lost about 12 lbs in that year. A friend told me about this site so I hope this will help me get back on track. I'm leaving WW and going to track this way instead so much easier than WW.

A lot of great stories in this great hope to add mine on here soon.:happy: :happy:
  • 4real2012
    4real2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone they call me J. J. I just joined recently and find that MFP would be very helpful to me. Though I am a introvert and find it hard to reach out, I will try my best at times to communicate. I am 54 and currently weigh 291 and would like to lose 100lbs for now. I will deal with the other 50lbs later. 100 sounds better than 150.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new here! I lost 120 pounds on my own. Recently I have gained some back and I gained about 19 pounds back.

Due to recent surgery I cannot exercise for a few more days. However I joined myfiteness pal to have a new support community. I am hoping to start fresh and lose more weight. I am at 222 today and need to keep going. (i used to weigh 323 at my highest)

I hope to get to know everyone!
    Karen
  • febrown53
    Options
    Hi all, I have lost 140 pounds reached goal 8/2010 and still there. I will be 60 in April. Did it with no surgery. Have to say maintanence is much more difficult than the weight loss. Wought like some friends
  • FitMama2017
    FitMama2017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group and am looking for support and accountability. I currently weigh 322lbs and my goal weight is 165 - LOTS to LOSE! My family is trying to persuade me to have weight loss surgery, but I want to do this naturally (on my own) as long as it is physically possible. Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group! I had lost 50 lbs with MFP back in 2011 and have gained it all back and then some! I have a son now who is my new motivation to lose it and keep it off! So far I lost 18pds I got 82 more to go!