average time you spend gaming?

These days, I usually get realistically 45 mins to an hour depending on the day; weekends maybe like 2 solid hours for Sat+Sun.

Which is a far cry from my earlier years, age 15-17 were nonstop gaming, 18-19 became balanced gaming, and since I was 20 it's been actually harder to carve out some time between health, work, and social stuff.

out of curiosity, what do you guys average?

Replies

• city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Normally an hour or so a day... a little bit more when I don't have to work the next day. I try not to though, haha. I could be so much more productive with my time if I didn't have my PC or Xbox
  • city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    however, when Skyrim first came out... I did a 13 hour shift lol
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    2-3 hours 2-3x during week. ~4 hours on weekends... but we have multiple TV's, so my wife doesn't mind :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Not enough. I don't get to play very much during the week just because I'm busy with the house and kids and errands and whatever. So every now and then on a Saturday my husband hands me the controller and makes me play all day. Not that I complain. Those days I average about 5 to 6 hours at a stretch.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    used to be around 2 hours a day then i started crushing on a girl and now it's like 2 hours a week
    unless i pick up my 3ds (mario kart and mario 3ds) then i play like 1 hour a day
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Before getting married about 4 hours daily lol
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Too much :laugh:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Used to play a TON (3+/day easily). That immediately declined last year when I started lifting. Now it's about 3 hours per week.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Far more than most of you, due to my circumstance.

Solidly, it's normally from around 11pm - 4am daily, after the wife is asleep, meaning i know she wont be needing anything. That's MY time.

Additionally, I'm partly surprised the hardcore gamers are overweight! For me it's a great food avoider! If I'm getting near my limit for the day, i do my dailies and a few HCs on WoW. Can't eat AND dish out swift fiery vengeance while not keyboard turning at the same time!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    I think I'm finally at an age where I can control my gaming .... but the caveat to this is that I'm saying this before Diablo 3 is released ... :bigsmile:

These days, I mostly game on weekends when I have nothing else to do or I need some "mememememe" time -- and I need quite a bit of it, since I'm a deep introvert. While I love my friends, it's exhausting to be "on" all the time when it's time to be social -- and, thankfully, my friends for understand that (I guess that's what makes them friends :wink:) But, honestly, this still totals only an average of 3-6 hrs/week these days.

Now that I'm more active, I get antsy when I sit on my butt for too long (and having a desk job means I get plenty of THAT during the week), so I'd rather get out and walk/hike (summer) or snowboard/snowshoe (winter) or even just run errands.

When deep into an MMO though ... oooh boy. 40+ hrs/week, easy -- even working full-time. At my "peak" raiding era, I was working a full-time job 40 hrs/week + raiding 16 hrs/week + farming 10 hrs/week (this was WAY before guild cauldrons, haha) + goofing off/playing alts/whatever 10 hrs/week ... no wonder I quit MMOs altogether several months into THAT routine, lol. There wasn't enough time for me -- quiet time, that is -- to recharge. I still love MMOs and I still keep them at arms length because I'm afraid of getting sucked back into one hardcore; I did come back for Cata briefly, but the game had changed too much and -- maybe -- I had, too.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    I'm totally a social gamer.. if my friends aren't online.. I may play 2 or 3 hrs a week.. A few games of hockey.. a couple rounds of MW3.. but if a Friend comes online and wants to play 50 rounds or Horde Mode in Gears 3.. Boom.. I'm sucked in 4 or 5 hours straight..

I'm also like caveats.. I keep MMO's at an arms length.. Because I totally have an addictive personality.. and Right now i'm trying to be my Highscore in MFP by loosing more weight.. I don't want to lose that momentum..
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Additionally, I'm partly surprised the hardcore gamers are overweight! For me it's a great food avoider! If I'm getting near my limit for the day, i do my dailies and a few HCs on WoW. Can't eat AND dish out swift fiery vengeance while not keyboard turning at the same time!

I totally agree with this. I can't eat and tank/debuff (depending on what I'm playing) at the same time! And, it's totally rude to talk with food in your mouth :laugh:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Been playing more recently, about an hour a day now. Used to be only every other day, it's hard when I have to share an xbox with my boyfriend (who plays it all the time).
  • mike_devo
    mike_devo Posts: 41 Member
    Between PC and x box.. hours a day usually.. I'm addicted. MMOs to Duty.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    I don't game much anymore, but for awhile there I was playing for a solid 12-16 hours every day (yeah...I know.) I would literally wake up and play WoW all day, getting up to go get food or use the bathroom every so often. Go to bed, wake up in the morning and do it all over again. Unemployed during that time btw. Now, I don't play wow every day, and if I do it's just a couple hours MAX before I get horribly bored. I haven't played it in 3 days. I can't wait until D3 comes out either :) I will likely try to spend all my free time on that when it does!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I don't much anymore - 6 hours of raiding a week (sometimes 9-10 if I get dragged to a sat alt raid but I'm starting to refuse) and then a few hours here and there, when I feel like it. I dialed down my workouts a lot recently so lately its been a bit more
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    This semester I had got really busy but when I do play I could play on average for more than 3 hours depending on the game.. First person shooter games up to about 5 hours or more :)
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    when I 1st started playing MMO's i'd easily log in 4-6 hours a day, now i'm lucky if I put in 4-6 hours a week, I guess the addiction has worn off...so to speak :wink:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member

I totally agree with this. I can't eat and tank/debuff (depending on what I'm playing) at the same time! And, it's totally rude to talk with food in your mouth :laugh:

RIght - i actually have lost most of my weight since i started playing Way WAY too much rift. I can't heal and eat. I just don't have that skill set )
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Ideally, I like to play a couple hours a night, then 5 each weekend day.

When I am not playing, I am usually trying to keep up on industry news and devouring Gaming articles...it's pretty much my life ha ha!