average time you spend gaming?

Replies

• Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    During the week, nothing. At weekends I will spend 5+ hours a day gaming, mostly on skyrim. I'm trying to stay away from wow because that devours my life!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    During the week, nothing. At weekends I will spend 5+ hours a day gaming, mostly on skyrim. I'm trying to stay away from wow because that devours my life!

Don't even get me started on WoW. I finally weened myself off it about 6mo. ago. (Though I'll probably be back come Mists of Pandaria. :grumble: ) But then, I'd been playing since vanilla beta. It was time to move on. And I have to agree with the comments above, when it came to raiding, it was such a time commitment! It became too much. I burnt out.

I still game quite a bit -- just not MMOs at the moment. Although, I'm kinda looking forward to Firefall.

Right now, though, Skyrim and L.A. Noire are claiming my attention, but there's been so much to do around here that I might get a few hours in during the week. I mostly play on weekends -- maybe half a day or so. More if I don't have errands. :laugh:

Anno 2070 has this built-in feature that after two hours it tells you to get off the computer and come back when you're feeling refreshed. It always makes me feel like the game is telling me, "You stink. Go take a break. Maybe you'll do better when you get back." :wink:

Secretly, I'm lying in wait for Diablo3. :embarassed:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    I love levelling characters on wow. Once I'm 85 I get bored. I don't often have the time needed for raids so I do a few dailies to earn money to level profs then get bored.

I have skyrim on xbox but having seen the pc version in a trailer I want to get it for pc as well! I loved la noire until during an argument my son told me the ending. We have good fights in our house. A bit of name calling then spoiling the other persons favourite game of the moment.....
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    I loved la noire until during an argument my son told me the ending.

That's just cruel. Someone did that for me with Arthas and his father in WC3.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    I used to be a hardcore gamer and boarderline alcoholic as part of it, my daily routine was: up at 8 work 9 till 5 home and sat infront of xbox/PC with 6 to 12 cans of beer and 20 cigs, slap a pizza in the oven and not move other than to the loo till about 2 in the morning (8 hours of gaaming), next day starts all over again. Apart from Friday nights, which was town night and id drink 3 or 4 times that amont :S This leads to obeaseity to the Nth degree lmao!

Iv not been like that for a long while now though, iv stopped smoking, pretty much dont drink and my gaming level is reduced to about 2 to 4 hours throughout the week and whenever im in the house at weekends (about 4 to 8 hours on weekends), as someone posted above though, skyrim did get released and day 1 i put in a 12 hour shift and then trippled my weekly dosage of gaming, but its finally slowing down to normal levels, however skyrim is still taking over my life! lol
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    I'm compulsive. If I get a new game and have nothing pressing to do that day, wake up until bed time. Now that I have kids, it's not an option. Eve Online was killing me. I waited til the kids were asleep top play, and that game was like Heroine. There was no just jumping on for a quick game, it was at least a 4 hour commitment most times. I had to give it up because I was losing so much sleep I couldn't function.
  • My PS3 gets hours on it everyday lol I'm trying to cut back on it some, but hey being a gamer, I can't help it :)
  • My husband and I have been known to roll dawn til dusk when new games arrive...Typically we both play btwn 2-7 per day. We always have something going. Luckily, we have our own consoles and monitors and don't have to share.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    It varies massively. When I have homework due or a test coming up, I play very little. And since my baby was born, I've spent a lot less time gaming, for some reason ... :laugh:

But on break now, so probably a couple of hours a day for a while. Get my fix before school starts up in January and I have no time again. (Yes, I am a 34-year-old mom student. :happy: )
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    I used to play far too much through highschool and college, and periods of unemployment in between. Since graduating and getting a full time job, my game time has reduced by a ton. I went from like 6-12 hours a day to maybe 1-2 hours every other day.

That said, TOR just came out so I'm at like 3 hours a day, or 4-5 on the weekend. With breaks to get my workout in, ahah.
  • On weekdays, about 2-4 hours a day twice a week. Weekends, all day. <3 Skyrim ;u;

Otherwise, I'm busy writing missions for my d20 campaign, which takes WAAAAAAAAAAY more time than I ever imagined!!! >.>;
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    2-3 hours a day unless my husband is playing. We have to share our consoles. Hope soon we will get a new 360 so we can have more co-op options. I hate it when the back covers say they have co-op and they actually only have Live co-op and not local. That pisses me off to no end.
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    When I'm not busy or working I can easily play for 8+ hours. Some days I play from the time I wake up till I go to sleep. Gotta get more game time in before the semester starts back up. :smile:
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    I game a lot. I raid 9 hours a week, not to mention all the time spent for LFR, herbing, fishing, etc. I easily play at least 4-5 hours a night.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Way too many hours right now. I had pretty much quit, given the MMO drought, but SWTOR has sucked me back in. I think I'm going to have to implement a 'computer stays off completely until workout is done' rule before I completely lose focus.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    I cut back due to being out of town for the holidays. I still have plenty of games I could play, I just don't really have the desire to play them. This past week has been about an hour a day playing Binding of Isaac. This isn't including the time I spend of FB games here and there.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    not as much as i use to but still too much lol i take the baby every night so my wife can sleep because she has him all day when im at work so i play usually about 3-4 hours a night and if shes out of town for work its more like 6-7 hours (i know im horrible i could be doing so much more productive stuff but i dont lol) whats really sad is thats down from what i use to be or think i want to. before i met my wife back when wow was hard (vanilla) i leveled solo to 45ish in about 3 weeks along with finishing legend of the dragoon (40+ hours) working full time and going to school for 15 credits (ok so there wasnt much going to school but i was at least enrolled)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Currently, 1-2 hours of Skyrim a few days a week. At my worst, I was playing a good 4 hours or so of Battlefield 2 a day over weekends and a couple of hours per weeknight.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    on average 1-2 hours every weekday. and sometimes I'll play on weekends.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Usually 2-3 hours a day. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

I haven't played in 3 days though because the weather has been SO nice, i use to sit inside and play for hours on end but i'm done with that. When the weather is nice you'll find me outside!