Pregnancy

lys617
lys617 Posts: 51 Member
edited October 6 in Social Groups
Has anyone on this diet been pregnant while on it? If you have, any advice? I'm not pregnant yet, but trying and I thought some insight would be helpful. I plan on staying on the diet as much as possible.

Replies

• momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Has anyone on this diet been pregnant while on it? If you have, any advice? I'm not pregnant yet, but trying and I thought some insight would be helpful. I plan on staying on the diet as much as possible.
    I haven't been pregnant while paleo/primal but I have been preggo 9 times. I may be able to help.. I think the hard thing would be cravings and morning sickness/adversions to certain foods.. pregnancy does strange things that you can't predict to your taste buds, sense of smell, and appetite.. often times being pregnant is more about damage control food wise- foods that you now love, will make you want to vomit.. foods you hate, you'll want.. you have no idea what foods you'll be able to keep down , what smells will gross you out or what foods you'll feel like you have to have or die without lol .. so just make a plan to eat good real food 90% of the time, listen to your body..if it doesn't smell good, taste good and look good then don't eat it..Trust me on this one!.. if you are sick and can only keep down chips, then eat chips .... don't worry so much about staying on plan 100%, allow yourself to indulge in that craving for mac and cheese or chocolate cake once in a while.Just try to eat as healthy as you can.
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks for the insight! I'm a big fan on the 80/20 rule, gotta keep that in mind. ;)
This discussion has been closed.