Positive messages

Options
Please add your success stories here. My success story for today. I felt like **** this morning, but I got up and exercised anyway. Now I feel better! And...I'm on MFP getting help, so yay for me!

Replies

• thecat
    thecat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi....I posted to your group my story to share with you. Thanks for starting this group. As I stated in my post to your group I have terrible back pain problems swell as fibromyalgia....which causes a cycle of not wanting to work out, so I appreciate your messages for those who have pain as a struggle that hinders weight loss :) thanks
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My success story is that despite some often vigorous exercise, I haven't thrown my back out yet this time. I just need that to keep being the case so I can get this 100 pounds off and build those muscles up around my spine!
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    100 lbs. Me too. That's what I'm going for. Please keep posting success!
  • thecat
    thecat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!! Well it's Friday and yesterday was my first day on MFP and trying to exercise. I did the exercise bike for 30 min Wichita was very hard for me but I pushed through it. Today I am in a lot of pain, my back is in spasms the cold aggravates the fibromyalgia....I will wait till about 11am to go walk...boy am I also sore today from the bike and boy I realized that I am out of shape!!! I really want to say I appreciate the sharing on this site it helps having others in the same or similar situation. Thanks and happy Friday and god bless:)
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    I think I might finally be feeling some relief from my PT. My therapist is having his female colleague work with me tomorrow so she can work on some of my issues that lie below the belt. I think she will be super helpful! Keep you all posted.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    I think I might finally be feeling some relief from my PT. My therapist is having his female colleague work with me tomorrow so she can work on some of my issues that lie below the belt. I think she will be super helpful! Keep you all posted.

That's great news, I hope it keeps getting better for you as you go along. I know my back acts up less when I'm skinnier, as long as I don't do anything stupid to it like stand in one place all day, sit in one of those educational torture devices known as a college classroom desk-chair, or haul heavy laundry baskets around (I can't count the number of times I've thrown my back out or made it worse doing laundry).

I know when it goes out for months on end I start to think it can never get better again, but even without a physical therapist and even with all this weight on me I've managed to heal it by refusing to do stupid things to it. So be kind to yourself unless your PT is around (and make someone else carry the laundry!).
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    Yes, that is all sounding quite familiar. I think my family finally gets it when I cry in front of them. I think I'll put them to work today.
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    I completed my food diary yesterday, even though I knew I went over. Ilove the way MFP says, "if you continue to eat this way you will weight (this much) in 5 weeks."
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    I haven't run all out in I don't remember when. I was skinny a few years ago, under 130 pounds, but even then, I didn't dare. I was too afraid of throwing my back out.

Well, the past few days when I've been out walking I've started to add some sprinting. Very short duration, probably less than 30 seconds, but I can do it! I know I look like a wildebeest charging down the street (I swear today when this woman and her kid saw me thundering toward them they were looking past me to try to figure out what I was stampeding from!) but I don't care because it feels so good to even be able to do it.

I hope everyone else is having success and not having back pain!
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    Ha! Exactly! I made my family sign a contract...and they did! Even my husband.
  • dandelion9999
    Options
    My victory today is that I did 1 mile with a Leslie Sansone walking video. I had to modify because some of the moves cause me rebound pain, but I easily kept up cardio-wise. Part of the victory is that I didn't keep going and do the entire 3 mile video because I would have been in a world of hurt if I had. I'm sort of an over-achiever, LOL.
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    I haven't run all out in I don't remember when. I was skinny a few years ago, under 130 pounds, but even then, I didn't dare. I was too afraid of throwing my back out.

Well, the past few days when I've been out walking I've started to add some sprinting. Very short duration, probably less than 30 seconds, but I can do it! I know I look like a wildebeest charging down the street (I swear today when this woman and her kid saw me thundering toward them they were looking past me to try to figure out what I was stampeding from!) but I don't care because it feels so good to even be able to do it.

I hope everyone else is having success and not having back pain!

LOL, maradiaz, a wildebeest. Be careful! I was able to walk for 45 minutes at a pretty fast pace today, in the sub-freezing temps! Maybe sprinting like a wildebeest is in my future, too.
  • pameladawn99
    Options
    It's been about one year and I am starting to feel better. My back pain is so much better. The cure for me was time x PT x chiropractor. Still have bad days, but I can do a lot more than I used to. There is HOPE!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Last April I could not walk for three blocks without feeling pain. Today, I did an hour on the treadmill at a rate of 4.7 km/hr, rolling hills. I now CRAVE exercise because my back gets stiff without it.
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chiropractic and message therapy is working for me. This is the 2nd week of my third round of treatment and, slowly but surely, the pain is getting less and less.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though everyone is on the upward path. It's 9 months now since I had my surgery and I'm almost pain-free for the first time in several years. I have to move house in the next few weeks and I can actually envisage coping with the physical part of the move, which is really hard to believe. This time last year I was virtually doing nothing but go to work and come home, sitting as much as I possibly could. Couldn't even cook myself a meal! My big step forward though is that I've actually bought myself shoes with heels and I'm wearing them!!! First time in I can't remember how long!
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have had a set back on my weight and gained a little back. I can feel it in my back for sure.