Some of my Motivations along my Journey..

Options
AwesomeSauce4
AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
How do you find motivation to exercise when you just don’t feel like getting off your butt? I ask myself this question every now and then, and I have the feeling I’m not the only one.

There are a million ways to motivate yourself to exercise, actually, but these are a few that have worked for me. And trust me, I’ve had days when I’ve struggled with exercise. Most recently, the things that have helped include finding a workout partner, logging my exercise, reading magazines and rewarding myself.

*.How you feel after a workout??? I always feel great after a good workout. It’s a high. And I let that motivate me the next time: Cause I know how good I feel afterwards..
*.Time for you. While many people make time to take care of others (kids, spouse, other family, co-workers, boss), they don’t often make time to take care of themselves. Instead, make your “you” time a priority, and don’t miss that exercise appointment.
* Calories burned. If you count calories (and it’s really one of the most effective ways to lose weight), you know that the more you exercise, the more calories you burn — and the bigger your calorie deficit.
* Having fun. Exercise should be fun. If it isn’t, try a different kind of activity that you enjoy. As long as you’re moving, it’s good for you.
* How you’re going to look. Imagine a slimmer, fitter you. Now let that visualization drive you.
*Cover models. Sure, they’re genetically freaky, and probably Photoshopped to look perfect. But for some reason, looking at how good a cover model looks helps motivate me to work harder.

* Success stories. I find the success stories of others incredibly inspirational.

* Rewards. If you exercise for a few days, give yourself a reward! A week? Another reward. Do it often in the beginning.
* Fitting into new clothes. Wanna look good in a smaller size? Work out!
* Being attractive. That’s always a good motivator, as I’m sure we all know.
* Adrenaline rush. I get a rush when I exercise. Ride that rush to complete the workout.
* Stress relief. (this is what boxing/kick boxing is really good for) lol :)
* Time for contemplation. I love, love the quiet time of exercise for thinking about things. Most of this post was written in my head as I exercised.
* MYFITNESSPAL.... Best thing I’ve done.
* Your before picture. You often don’t realize how far you’ve come.
* the treadof feeling“yuck” from not exercising. I hate how I feel after not exercising. So I remind myself of that when I feel tired.
* living long eniugh to see grandkids … and play with them.
* The scale. It’s not motivating to weigh yourself every day, as your weight fluctuates. But if you weigh yourself once a week, you’ll be motivated to have it keep going down, instead of up. Combine the scale with the measurements.
* Motivational quotes. I have them everywhere.. and love posting them on MFP to share..
* Others commenting on how good you look. When someone notices the changes in your body, it feels good. And it makes you want to work out more.
* Okay so there it is!!! Enough said.. Just wanted to share a couple things to help my Love's stay motivated on this Journey.. If we are not friends by chance feel free to add me.. I would to be there to help motivate you on your Journey... {{ big hugs }}

What are your motivations? Let us know in the comments.

~Rachel~

Replies