College student!

Options
I am 3 semesters into my vet tech program! i'm doing an internship for a small animal hospital too.

nothing to lose--or rather, 50 lbs =3

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome to the insanity.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side.....we have cookies! :devil:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Are you going to an actual brick and mortar school or are you using an online program? Either way, good luck!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am currently pursuing my Associate's in Vet Tech and a BA in Bio with a concentration in Vet Tech. I have been in friggin' school since '07 >.< I was double majoring in English and Journalism, but in '10 they cut my Journalism degree, so I was stuck with 15 hours left with an English degree I was mainly taking for fun. Insert the degrees I should have went for to begin with: Vet Tech! This summer I will be done with my Associate's and my 2013 I will have 3 degrees, if I don't go crazy first!!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I am currently pursuing my Associate's in Vet Tech and a BA in Bio with a concentration in Vet Tech. I have been in friggin' school since '07 >.< I was double majoring in English and Journalism, but in '10 they cut my Journalism degree, so I was stuck with 15 hours left with an English degree I was mainly taking for fun. Insert the degrees I should have went for to begin with: Vet Tech! This summer I will be done with my Associate's and my 2013 I will have 3 degrees, if I don't go crazy first!!

That's certainly exciting! Good job with all the degrees :drinker: . My only concern for you is being able to repay student loans on a vet tech salary. It is an appallingly underpaid profession :angry:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

That's certainly exciting! Good job with all the degrees :drinker: . My only concern for you is being able to repay student loans on a vet tech salary. It is an appallingly underpaid profession :angry:
    Truer words never spoken! But that's great that you've pursued so much education! I'd like to do the same.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That would be of some concern if I had any student loans :P. Somehow I have gotten this far without owing my stupid college anything! I was salutatorian my senior year, got a lot of scholarships, and we have the TOPS program that gives you a certain amount of money for four years of college as long as you have a certain GPA. I have also gotten financial aid every year and have used my my dad as the "parent" for that. He certainly would not have gotten the best dad award when I was growing up, but his income is helping me now lol
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Are you going to an actual brick and mortar school or are you using an online program? Either way, good luck!

it's a brick and mortar school in the middle of the catskill mountains.

we have actual hands-on animals and actually DO the procedures we learn! well, provided we have enough animals for almost 200 students =P I can't understand why schools wouldn't have animals to practice at least the basic procedures....Delhi does dentistries, spay/neuter and grooming clinics for shelter animals and community animals, and the students actually DO the procedures 90% of the time....