Extra skin

Options
jamie31
jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
I have lost 120lbs and do all the right workouts. Weights and cardio and am in very good shape yet I absolutely CANNOT get rid of that damn extra skin? Does everyone else have this problem? Has anyone found something other than surgery to help?

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    hi there. :) Congrats! you look and must feel GREAT. i am sad to say that there is not any real "natural" trick other than time, hydration, and getting vitamins & minerals. but IMHO it is a visual reminder of where i have been and to where I shall NOT return.

i have contemplated surgery but IDK if that is right for me....
  • jamie31
    Options
    Same here ( about the surgery) I have contemplated getting a second job to pay for it, but then i hear horror stories about the recovery process and i get scared. :(
  • amitch17
    amitch17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Where are you ladies from? I'm from ontario and I know that if I loose alot of weight and have too much extra skin i can make an appeal to my insurance company and they will usually cover it. If not ohip usually will.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    wow, that's awesome! i am here in illinois.... not sure i would be able to get that. :(
  • jamie31
    Options
    Im from ohio.... my insurance considers it a cosmetic surgery so they wont pay for it... what makes me so mad is that if i would have lost the weight via gastic bypass they would pay for reconstruction :(
  • Jessika616
    Options
    I'm in Ohio as well and when I lost all of my weight before and had extra skin, I went in to get a quote on it. I was also told insurance would pay for it if it was causing me problems. Like if e extra skin is causing irritation and to keep proof of your doctor trying out options like a cream to fix it.

Then I got pregnant and gained 100. Glad I never went through all that trouble.
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem. But I don't have the money or means to get it removed. So I have accept the loose skin as a trophy and a reminder of where I came from and don't want to go back to. Surgery really is the only way that I have found. So accept it or pay for it lol. Whichever is best for you.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Medical insurance is for medical issues so they don't cover it. If a cosmetic issue becomes an emotional health issue, that's a different story and some policies will cover that.

The interesting thing about health insurance is that it's written down so you can check to see what you agreed to when you entered into the contract.
  • GinGinSweden
    GinGinSweden Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Where are you ladies from? I'm from ontario and I know that if I loose alot of weight and have too much extra skin i can make an appeal to my insurance company and they will usually cover it. If not ohip usually will.
  • GinGinSweden
    GinGinSweden Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The only thing in Ontario they cover is the bottom tummy tuck other than that your on your own and if you lost like me over 100 lbs ( 190 for me) then you would probably need alot more than that lifted. I had to pay for all the rest and only got the upper and arms done extra they would not do any more than that in one go and it was close to 12 thousand canadian. and ¨that was just the hospital costs I actually found a dr to do the surgery for free when he heard my story and believe me I fought the system even went to the govt but nope no help your on your own unfortunately.